Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A FVSS Icon Passes Away Today  (Read 2102 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
A FVSS Icon Passes Away Today
« on: December 23, 2018, 02:18:35 PM »

Today we lost one of the original directors of the Fraser Valley Salmon Society Herb Kraushar. Herb was the top membership sales person every in the 1980's. Herb would pound the gravel bars selling these memberships, not many people turned him down. Here is a clip I filmed of Herb when I, Peter Sellmer and Fred Helmer produced the FVSS film Fish ON " in 1988. That film is on my youtube channel. Herb was 95. Here is the clip just of Herb from my archives. https://youtu.be/DNsWEkRO2II

Quin

Re: A FVSS Icon Passes Away Today
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2018, 08:26:28 PM »

Sad news. I'd only met him a few times, back in the 70's/80's, he was always a great source of info for a beginner bar fisherman.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2018, 03:00:19 PM »

Herb’s memorial service will be here at CCC on Tuesday January 8th at 1pm.

Please pray for God’s perfect peace and comfort to surround Ida as she mourns the passing of Herb her husband of 60 plus years.

Cross Connection Church 9310 Williams Street, Chilliwack.

Robert_G

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2018, 06:46:19 PM »

You'd never know that guy was missing an arm the way he handled the bar fishing. He landed fish better with one arm than most guys out there did with 2. I remember him from Henderson and Wellington Bar way back in the late 80s....

arimaBOATER

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2018, 12:11:23 AM »

Looks to be a really nice guy. RIP
Guess it will be each our turn one day...later than sooner I hope.
Edit in: Ida must be grieving. Prayer said Chris. There is a light at the end of the tunnel which is we will be rejoined with our loved ones one day !!!
Same with my mom ..lost my dad in 2017 60 plus yrs of marriage. Life is not easy sometimes. Ups & downs.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 12:16:45 AM by A-BOATER »