Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: High Elevation Lake Camping/Fishing  (Read 2524 times)

glfish88

High Elevation Lake Camping/Fishing
« on: December 04, 2018, 02:18:46 PM »

Hey all,
Ive been wanting to do a hike in fishing/camping trip with a buddy for a while now. A 2-3 day kind of thing. My original plan was to canoe up Widgeon creek and hike into Widgeon lake with a float tube and tent but after some research I dont think I'm quite comfortable climping up a steep slippery route with a rucksack, I can do 4-8 hr hikes with gear just fine if its a steady elevation climb.

Are there any higher elavation lakes that are a little easier of a hike in the Lower Mainland area?

Thanks, Glfish

clarki

• Old Timer

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer
Re: High Elevation Lake Camping/Fishing
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2018, 06:17:30 PM »

Poland lake in Manning park as well as Nicomem lake. Both have copious amounts of decent size hungry fish that will take any offering. Honestly the list of hike in lake is endless.

FishOn

• This sure beats workin!
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2018, 09:38:33 AM »

Lindeman and Greendrop.

poper

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2018, 11:05:01 AM »

Hoover lake is good little hike, fishing is good, it should still be ice free. Its up behind mission, great trail for hiking. I have never fished there in dec so not sure if it will be productive right now, and shore fishing was tough.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 11:07:33 AM by poper »

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2018, 12:45:15 PM »

Hoover lake is good little hike, fishing is good, it should still be ice free. Its up behind mission, great trail for hiking. I have never fished there in dec so not sure if it will be productive right now, and shore fishing was tough.

I've hiked with a Belly boat more than a few times into that lake. There are some big Cutthroat in that lake. Lots of small ones too. There is no camping allowed but I'm sure you'll get away with it. You can get the gate key from the district and drive right up and walk down to the lake.

poper

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2018, 04:56:06 PM »

There’s a little spot to camp, Put ya I gues your not supposed to, but this time of year your lucky to see many people up there, there’s a little row boat left on shore to use just put it back after. It’s for who ever to use.

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2018, 06:03:46 PM »

Also, watch out for the crazy guy that owns the house by the gate. He thinks he owns that logging road. Both times that I unlocked the gate he was quick to send the dogs out and follow me up the hill.

glfish88

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2018, 08:52:24 PM »

The district? Like city hall or what do you mean?

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2018, 08:13:56 AM »

The district? Like city hall or what do you mean?

Go to public works in Mission. Across from the Esso and beside the prison.