Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: By-catches of sturgeon in nets  (Read 9960 times)

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
Re: By-catches of sturgeon in nets
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2018, 07:32:43 AM »

I find many of the 'opinions' expressed on this website ridiculous and sometimes offensive. However I don't own this clown show and I don't put up the shekels to keep it operating.

Cheers.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Wiseguy

• Old Timer
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2018, 07:33:11 AM »

Thank you Rodney for all your hard work trying to make positive changes for our fisheries.

Fish or cut bait.

• Old Timer
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2018, 08:02:54 AM »

What the hell is up with the personal attacks consistently on here lately? It makes things hard to read, and quite frankly, so much less is gleamed from the discussions. There used to be a lot of good, educational banter on here, with no hard feelings for differing opinion. It feels like this forum has been over-run with the next generation, and the entitlement that accompanies them.

Dan is so right.

Why I rarely post here anymore

Some folks on here know what they're talking about, do it the way it should be done, stay informed on ALL levels or least try to become educated.
Then there are those who obviously don't fish enough, think they know everything and spout off angry uninformed posts trying to stir a pot.

Ignorance is bliss therefore: there's a lot happy people out there.

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2018, 09:10:11 AM »

I'm glad I quit moderating the 2 forums I did. It was annoying.

What used to irk me was the odd fellow who would vigorously research everything and reply to a comment with all the data possible and try to be right everytime. It was not very pleasant to take part in a discussion when someone was doing that. Kind of reminds me of one fellow on this forum who I will not name. It's ok to be wrong sometimes. That's another way to learn.

ByteMe

« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2018, 11:57:06 AM »

I'm glad I quit moderating the 2 forums I did. It was annoying.

What used to irk me was the odd fellow who would vigorously research everything and reply to a comment with all the data possible and try to be right everytime. It was not very pleasant to take part in a discussion when someone was doing that. Kind of reminds me of one fellow on this forum who I will not name. It's ok to be wrong sometimes. That's another way to learn.

Just imagine being married to a fellow who is always right
There is more Bull S**T in fly fishing than in a Texas cattle yard
                                         Lefty Kreh