Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Simms vs Patagonia?  (Read 12913 times)

Aki

Re: Simms vs Patagonia?
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2018, 03:34:11 PM »

Just had my G4s with zipper sent back to Simms for repairs by Nick at Hatch Match'r in Maple Ridge...heavily used and they showed it with booties torn up (no leaks), one belt buckle broken and one pocket zipper not functioning...hopefully they come back fixed up! I have had the waders for 10 years and they have been excellent (the zipper has been invaluable and used heavily)...a little story...just over 10 years ago I had the front part of my earlier G4s eaten by rats (long story) and I sent them in for an evaluation with a funny story attached....Simms liked the story enough to send me a brand new pair of waders...class company!

John Revolver

« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2018, 03:00:59 PM »

@ John Revolver - it sounds like you repaired a similar area yourself.  Did you end up patching/using aquaseal on the seams?  I know this will work, but I was told that any such work on the seams will render them un-repairable by Simms.

Yes All of it.  Aqua seal and shoe goo on the outside seams, and gore-tex patches along the inside seams. All repairs done on the upper inseam/crotch areas. I've beat these damn things to a pulp over 5 years of steelheading ect and the lowersection and booties are still flawless with zero leaks :) - awesome .  Its super rare for me to wade above my thighs so I'm going to run these things as far as I can stretch them.  I'm waaaay past the point of sending them into simms. if I did, these things would probably be quarantined and burned.

Last year I seriously considered "upgrading" to the g4z but at this point I sort of like the character of my battle weary G3s and all of the epic memories and Steelhead I've landed with them.

Aki

« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2019, 12:14:01 AM »

Further to my note below, Simms evaluated my waders as ‘unrepairable’ and sent me a brand new pair of G4Z waders under warranty...amazing...

Just had my G4s with zipper sent back to Simms for repairs by Nick at Hatch Match'r in Maple Ridge...heavily used and they showed it with booties torn up (no leaks), one belt buckle broken and one pocket zipper not functioning...hopefully they come back fixed up! I have had the waders for 10 years and they have been excellent (the zipper has been invaluable and used heavily)...a little story...just over 10 years ago I had the front part of my earlier G4s eaten by rats (long story) and I sent them in for an evaluation with a funny story attached....Simms liked the story enough to send me a brand new pair of waders...class company!

Wiseguy

• Old Timer
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2019, 09:45:40 PM »

Simms G4 for the last 5 yrs of bushwhacking, climbing over log jams and falling down numerous times and still going strong. The neoprene stockings have never leaked and only a couple of aqua seal repairs on the legs. With my insulated Simms rain jacket I can be out there snug as a bug in the worst of winter weather. #Simmsforlife