Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ty Ronning. Canucks did not draft him. What are they smoking ???  (Read 4847 times)

arimaBOATER

Sorry but the Canucks management must be brain dead in spurs of times. Cliff Ronning played his heart out for the Canucks & Ty the son is a chip off the old block...he played for the Vancouver Giants  & was a scoring machine !!! 60 goals in 66 games or something like that. Canucks had the option to pick him but did not ???? Crazy .
Ty I bet would be so great addition to the team & would get results in adding goals & assists, & not to mention be a fan favourite because of his ex Canuck Cliff Ronning.
Also would help at the box office & sell tickets.
With non moves like this the Canucks will not go far. Management also have the same goalie tandem & last year the goaltending was the pits. Other goalies should be given a try. Canucks have some proven prospects. Boo ! Boo ! Boo !
Hope the NY Rangers bring Ty up from the minors one day soon so Ronning can show his skills & motivation. He plays with his heart every shift like his dad did as well.
Management what are you guys smoking ?????? Not Oct 17 yet.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 01:09:14 PM by A-BOATER »

arimaBOATER

Re: Ty Ronning. Canucks did not draft him. What are they smoking ???
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 12:46:42 PM »

2x. ..Sorry but the Canucks management must be brain dead sometimes. Cliff Ronning played his heart out for the Canucks & Ty the son is a chip off the old block...he played for the Vancouver Giants  & was a scoring machine !!! 60 goals in 66 games or something like that. Canucks had the option to pick him but did not ???? Crazy .
Ty I bet would be so great addition to the team & would get results in adding goals & assists, & not to mention be a fan favourite because of his ex Canuck Cliff Ronning.
Also would help at the box office & sell tickets.
With non moves like this the Canucks will not go far. Management also have the same goalie tandem & last year the goaltending was the pits. Other goalies should be given a try. Canucks have some proven prospects. Boo ! Boo ! Boo ! 2x 2x 2x
Hope the NY Rangers bring Ty up from the minors one day soon so Ronning can show his skills & motivation. He plays with his heart every shift like his dad did as well.
Management what are you guys smoking ?????? Not Oct 17 yet.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 01:10:39 PM by A-BOATER »

arimaBOATER

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 12:53:18 PM »

3x ......Not a happy camper as a Canuck fan. Remember Stan the Steamer ?? New West Bruins. Drafted I believe in lower rounds but became one of the best Canucks ever. Why? He played with heart.
Stan played like Clarke ( Flyers ) or like the Super Pest original NHL Vancouver Canuck team. A. B.
NHL scouts GM ??? What ??? What ??? What ??? Stopped my rant now after 3x posts.
My feelings are the same as if I see some person litter throwing on the roadway his fast food papers/paper bag ...or a fish run 99% netted by trawlers ....or murders let out of prison after serving 3 yrs....If a team wants the true blue Canuck fan to get excited & hope for the Stanley Cup & the fans see these non moves .....kinda makes me want to cheer on the Leafs.  ;D
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 12:59:37 PM by A-BOATER »

Dogbreath

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2018, 09:30:27 PM »

He's a runt-we already have too many of those.

skaha

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2018, 07:42:31 AM »

--In the all-new none hitting NHL why would size matter. Crosby, Marchand, Gallagher all did well even when hitting was allowed.
--Just look at the names of all the former and current BC grown NHLer's, I'm sure there is an all-star team full of players. Always look to homegrown over store bought.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2018, 02:31:02 PM »

--In the all-new none hitting NHL why would size matter. Crosby, Marchand, Gallagher all did well even when hitting was allowed.
--Just look at the names of all the former and current BC grown NHLer's, I'm sure there is an all-star team full of players. Always look to homegrown over store bought.
Yep good point. Some smaller players are average so better to have a more physical bigger player but when it comes to Ty Ronning ....he comes from the same mold as his dad. Chip off the old block. The guy skates hard & fast. & has the talent to score. A team needs all their lines to score goals & better to have 5-6 guys who are extra skilled to have a nose to score. More the better.
Stan the steamer was not big & he was durable as was Cliff Ronning. Sometimes the smaller players have an act to avoid big hits. Why because they are aware what's happening around them.
Montreal Canadians years ago had an iron man who played so many games without getting hurt ( or even the flu I guess? ) He was not a big guy. Bible thumper I think. ( maybe the angels protected him  ;D ) Vegas in part lost to the Caps because they went thru big physical hard hitting teams & they were totally bumped up & bruised. Not much left in the tank when they faced the Caps who were the fresher healthier team. Kings Sharks & Jets really pounded Vegas.
So ya I see Dogbreath's point that having bigger players are a plus.
But say a balance of 80% bigger guys & 20% smaller but extra good goal scorers. Hopefully the bigger guys can get 20-25 or more goals.