Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Suggestion....  (Read 1981 times)

itosh

• I EAT llamas!
Suggestion....
« on: August 04, 2004, 08:19:12 PM »

Might I suggest that if you are going to write a letter to the government, CC the letter to all of the major media outlets.  If enough ppl write to the media outlets, they MIGHT do a story on it, which MIGHT spark the interest of groups other than sportsfishermen.  The problem right now is that only a minutely small portion of the population of BC even know that this is going on.  IF anything is to be done, there has to be more of a general public outcry, not just the outcry of a small user group.  The commies every year seem to make good use of the media every year when they do their protest fisheries.  Sportsfishermen as a group are too small and consequently not powerful enough to make a dent.  We will need to ally ourselves with another user group - commies - to be taken seriously.

That being said, I believe that the government should hand the ENTIRE West Coast salmon fishery over to the Indians.  Let them manage the fisheries and we can buy our licenses from them.  That way, when the stocks are close to zero, ALL OF THE BLAME can be placed on the Indians.  For certain they will come crying back to the government for help, GURANTEED, because they do not have the knowledge, resources and cooperation of any group.  Until something like this happens, Indians always take advantage of their "aboriginal rights" and the government will not do anything about it.  Let them screw up their own so called traditional resource, and then finally DFO/government can take a hard stance against them.  It will be expensive to rebuild stocks (if possible) but money saved from transfers to Indians can be used to re-build.

Shane

keithr

• If you want to know about me, see my website.
    • Our place in Mexico
Re:Suggestion....
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2004, 08:28:07 PM »

Do you have any media contact addresses?  If so, please post them.  I'll write.