Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2018-2019 NHL Season  (Read 145668 times)

arimaBOATER

Re: 2018-2019 NHL Season
« Reply #420 on: June 06, 2019, 09:23:08 PM »

Gee...Blues win 2-1 in Bean town & now ahead 3-2 in the finals.
One more W & the Blues are the Stanley Cup Champions 2018/19.
With any justice the score should of been 5 or 4 goals for Boston & 2 for Blues. 5-2 or 4-2
But nope Blues 2 Bruins 1.
Bennington played SUPER as did Rusk.
Gee this reminds me of when Ken Dryden the Habs goalie frustrated the Bruin snipers over & over in the loss to Montreal in the Cup finals.
Should be a great game in St Louis.
Honestly thought Boston would take the Blues & may still but the Blues are so close.
They are big guys who keep hitting the Bruins & are not intimidated. A big mix of toughness & skate & have a good stopper. 

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #421 on: June 06, 2019, 10:46:08 PM »

A-BOATER must be one of the few that's watching the final. ;)

arimaBOATER

« Reply #422 on: June 06, 2019, 11:48:09 PM »

A-BOATER must be one of the few that's watching the final. ;)
FA you must of watched too.
St Louis the tv guy said after tonight 's win ...lowest ticket are going for $5000.
Resell ticket ...scalpers.
Two or so days off before tonight's game was good for the Blues.
After the 7-2 Boston win & 2-1 up in games ...it did not look good.
Then suddenly Chara gets the puck in the jaw ( deflected śhot off his stick ) in game 4.
Tonight he's playing with that injury but ya can see it must be painful when he gets body checked. 
Ya can see it in the Boston player's faces at times the disappointment look.
Fans in Boston should  be ashamed of themselves. They booed at times. That has to be a real downer for the players. They have been battling for 4 rounds & at the time they are booed they are out shooting the Blues by a big margin. Fans should be cheering their team on not booing them.

TNAngler

« Reply #423 on: June 07, 2019, 11:56:10 AM »

Agree, I am not going to boo my own team.  That just seems wrong.  Even when they are playing horribly.  I might boo with my money by not attending the games but I am not going to boo my team.

I didn't get to watch much of the game but saw pieces.  Saw the Bruins GM hurl a water bottle against the wall of his box.  Next game will be interesting.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #424 on: June 08, 2019, 01:34:23 PM »

Gee...Blues win 2-1 in Bean town & now ahead 3-2 in the finals.
One more W & the Blues are the Stanley Cup Champions 2018/19.
With any justice the score should of been 5 or 4 goals for Boston & 2 for Blues. 5-2 or 4-2
But nope Blues 2 Bruins 1.
Bennington played SUPER as did Rusk.
Gee this reminds me of when Ken Dryden the Habs goalie frustrated the Bruin snipers over & over in the loss to Montreal in the Cup finals.
Should be a great game in St Louis.
Honestly thought Boston would take the Blues & may still but the Blues are so close.
They are big guys who keep hitting the Bruins & are not intimidated. A big mix of toughness & skate & have a good stopper. 

Gloria

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #425 on: June 08, 2019, 11:25:00 PM »

arimaBOATER

« Reply #426 on: June 09, 2019, 06:13:32 PM »

Well FA Chris TNA Novabonker (?) any others ....it's game 6 after 1 period.
Bruins get a goal with 2 man advantage.
They had many chances to make it 2-0 with man advantage.
Bennington is on top of his game as is Rask.
Great game so far.
Blues want this W tonight & do not want to go for another plane ride to Bean town.
Boston wants a game 7 & want to win it.
Who ever wins the Cup or does not win it is either going to have such joy or such disappointment.
& the fans the same.
Don Cherry says in the intermission that if it goes to game 7 in Boston there is NO WAY the Blues can win it.
That is such a illogical statement.
Ok Boston would be favoured but in hockey in a game 7 anything can happen.
Go Blues Go. Go Blues Go..
Should there be a game 7 & if the Blues win it Cherry should have to hold a big sheet of cardboard with the words....I was wrong AGAIN.
 ;D
EDIT IN: end of 2 periods & the score...Boston 1 Blues 0
Period 3 ....should be exciting. Blues lockeroom hopely has some strong perk black coffee brewing.
Time to get it in another gear.
EDIT IN: Bruins 5 Blues 1
Bruins played knowing their backs were to the wall.
Blues played like a team that backs were not to the wall.
Next game no more chances...game 7.
Fans in St Louis paid big bucks to get available tickets only to feel totally letdown in game 6 ( today)
Ebb & flow to this series.
Will the Blues regroup & play a good game or will they stress out & play crappy???
Or will it be the Bruins to stress out knowing it's do or die in game 7 in their building.
Can they hold it emotionally. Blues you just know will play better than they did today.
Game 7 & will history repeat with the Bruins defeating the Blues in the Stanley Cup finals or will the Blues kick the Bruins where it hurts ...
One team will be hoisting the Cup & other team singing the Blues.
What if both teams show up to play & have a great game & both goalies make save after save.
Maybe OT game 7 that lasts to July .........

« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 08:14:36 PM by A-BOATER »

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #427 on: June 09, 2019, 07:28:04 PM »

Cherry is a blowhard. Either team can win game 7. The Gadsden Curse is rearing it's ugly head. :D

arimaBOATER

« Reply #428 on: June 12, 2019, 08:23:55 PM »

Cherry is a blowhard. Either team can win game 7. The Gadsden Curse is rearing it's ugly head. :D
What Gadsden Curse ???
The Don Cherry Curse is well & alive.
Cherry said that if the Bruins won game 6 in St Louis the Blues will 100% lose game 7 in Boston.
He forgot what Ken Dryden did to Orr Esposito & compamy....well Binnington stood on his head & made save after save in the 1st period. On the counter attack the Blues got 2 goals in the 1st 20 minutes.
That totally energized the Blues & they just checked & checked & gave out body checks...
The Blues won 3x in the Boston home rink & the most important W ...tonight in a Bean town.
Boston had their worst game of the playoffs & seemed like a stressed out more tired team.
A lot of disappointed players coaches GM fans & honestly my heart was for Blues but thought Bruins would win tonight.
Happy to see first time winning Cup team the Blues have this result.
Don Cherry get the cardboard with I WAS WRONG AGAIN & walk around the block.
Binnington in the first ten minutes of the 1st stoned the Bruins & from there only let in 1.
Boston is a great team but fell short.
EDIT IN: Blues head coach seems to be a great guy.
Hey not an easy road to the Cup.
Over Jets.
Over Stars.
Over Sharks.
Over Bruins.
Plus gotta like Larry Robinson consultant /assist coach something like that...10th ring.
& what about Jay Bouwmeester....this guy looks so like Wayne Gretzky facial expression. Nose ears hair & he even talks like him......crazy.
Blues 4 Boston 1 game 7.
Hockey always has surprises.
Go Blues Go Go Blues Go.
Boston now knows how the Canucks / fans felt losing game 7 Cup final in Vancouver.
Hopefully there are no riots in Boston like what happened in our city.   

« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 09:29:29 PM by A-BOATER »

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #429 on: June 12, 2019, 09:28:17 PM »

Delighted to see Cherry's team lose game 7 on home ice. Time for Cherry to join Bob Cole in retirement. His schtick is getting boring.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #430 on: June 12, 2019, 09:31:24 PM »

Delighted to see Cherry's team lose game 7 on home ice. Time for Cherry to join Bob Cole in retirement. His schtick is getting boring.
Ya could see Cherry was not his cheerful self in the first break with Blues up 2-0.
He looked kinda in shock.  ;D
He sure put his two feet in his mouth this time. 

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #431 on: June 13, 2019, 07:31:12 AM »

Played Gloria today to start my day. Whats next? Season over and you know who is on the way to the Cup now? You are correct, the CUP is ours, you heard it first here, The Leafs will be great once again. ;D ;D ;D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #432 on: June 13, 2019, 09:22:27 AM »

Played Gloria today to start my day. Whats next? Season over and you know who is on the way to the Cup now? You are correct, the CUP is ours, you heard it first here, The Leafs will be great once again. ;D ;D ;D

This is what happens when you imbibed too much the night before. Destroys your sense of reality. Leaves suck.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #433 on: June 13, 2019, 10:21:48 AM »

Think a few Leaf players will be jumping ship...because of higher $$$ else where. Will Leafs be as good as this past season?
Think Leafs had better have some replacements or else they will be out in 1-2 rounds next season.
They should hire Tiger Williams Lanny McDonald & what's his name? Guy who scored 5 goals in a game.See his face in my mind but his name does not come to me. ??? Shoot. Make him head coach & Tiger & McDonald assist. coaches. Get some Leaf blood behind the bench.

These playoffs were very exciting that's for sure but so so long.
Maybe the season should be 90 games & only 8 teams make the playoffs.
Give 2 day breaks between playoff games in the 3 rounds.
Start the season mid Sept.  Stanley Cup in June ...too late. Should be finished by May 15 tops.
EDIT IN: in kitchen making a late breakfast & name pops in my head like popcorn ....Daryl Sittler.
One of the best players ever.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 10:40:18 AM by A-BOATER »

TNAngler

« Reply #434 on: June 13, 2019, 11:32:16 AM »

Looking forward to see what happens this offseason.  Could be very interesting, especially for the Preds.  Some big moves possible.