Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2018-2019 NHL Season  (Read 145775 times)

arimaBOATER

Re: 2018-2019 NHL Season
« Reply #180 on: January 20, 2019, 08:59:57 PM »

Then he'll have to give up the pizza and pucks. I drive a hard bargain...
;D 
Nice to see your posting ( even more than me. ) thus your ticker must be doing ok!
Yep Canucks win a close one. Watched for awhile but had to go do some duties. The part I watched the a Wings were all over the Canucks so was surprised they pulled it out. Markstrom hopely was 1-2-3 star of the game. Peterson bagged a goal upon his return so I heard.
Leafs played too Win of lose? Gotta check..
Wonder if Preds played ? Gotta check at same time...

arimaBOATER

« Reply #181 on: January 21, 2019, 11:44:42 PM »

Preds won 4-1 over Rockies. Closer game than the score indicates. ( empty net goal. ) Rennie made so many good saves. Preds were flying on the ice though. This team I think is better than previous teams. They seem faster & more skilled.
Should be a good game against Vegas ( Preds next game opposition. )
What's happened to Toronto ?
Car 54 (Chris) where are you? Leafs need your pre game raw raw. Make sure ya talk LOUD so ya have the players attention. Talk too low & some players may have some zzzz's & even snore.
Think they lost 7 out of their last 10 wow.
Recent game I watched they lost but honestly they could of won just as easy. Close game.  :)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #182 on: January 22, 2019, 12:58:05 AM »

There's a reason why Chris is not posting. His Laughs sucks ;D

TNAngler

« Reply #183 on: January 22, 2019, 12:46:07 PM »

Yeah, Preds continued their roller coaster play, playing fairly well shutting down Colorado.  That means they will suck it up bad tomorrow night against Vegas.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #184 on: January 22, 2019, 08:00:40 PM »

There's a reason why Chris is not posting. His Laughs sucks ;D
The leaf emblem on their jersey looks wilted. Like it's need of a little water.
Team chemistry seems to have been affected. Their hold out D man wanted more $$$ but the Leafs did not miss a beat with him out of the line up. Ever since the guy signed a new contract & plays the Leafs record has cooled. Selfish greedy guy who thinks he's Bobby Orr.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #185 on: January 23, 2019, 11:32:22 PM »

Preds 2 Vegas 1
Thought this would be a close game. They play alike in their style of play.
Must of been a great game. Gotta watch the highlights.
Leafs beat Washington. Well well. Well done.
Canucks kinda folded their tent. Something wrong.
They played like a car with too much water in the gas tank..sputter sputter...
If this keeps up just going to become a Nashville fan. If they sputter dare I say a Leaf fan.
Come on Canucks ...maybe some guys have a bit of the flu bug. It's going around some have said.

TNAngler

« Reply #186 on: January 24, 2019, 08:49:51 AM »

It was a good game.  Should have watched it.  First half of first quarter, we played like poo and are lucky we only gave up 1 goal.  Goalie stopped a lot of shots over the night, including a 2 on 0 where the guy passed it last minute and the goalie was able to still slide across and block the easy empty netter.  Second half of the first period we were maybe even.  Second period, we came out strong and scored two very quickly.  Third period, we held on.  Both goalies were stopping goals they had no business stopping.  Stressful game but ended with a win so we will take it.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #187 on: January 24, 2019, 01:00:22 PM »

Preds 2 Vegas 1
Thought this would be a close game. They play alike in their style of play.
Must of been a great game. Gotta watch the highlights.
Leafs beat Washington. Well well. Well done.
Canucks kinda folded their tent. Something wrong.
They played like a car with too much water in the gas tank..sputter sputter...
If this keeps up just going to become a Nashville fan. If they sputter dare I say a Leaf fan.
Come on Canucks ...maybe some guys have a bit of the flu bug. It's going around some have said.
Come on board, the cup is ours.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #188 on: January 24, 2019, 07:51:59 PM »

Surface surface surface...honk honk open the hatch..said that I will pace my posts...but that was for the Discussion Forum Section. This is the sports area so...why not post at least a post or two or three per day  :o I mean week.
Thank you for the invite Chris. ( honestly do like the present Leaf team. They have good team chemistry over all & hard skaters & very skilled. Snipers ,& creative play making.
But there will be a process if I were to become a Leaf fan.
Firstly the Canucks have to play very poorly for about 6 straight games. If they do...then will cheer on the Nashville Predators. The games I have seen they look so improved. Faster & good play making & lots of shots to the net. Team looks taller bigger & faster. Prior teams seemed to have short squatty players.
Like Marcel Dione  body type. And if the Preds bomb & play poorly for 6 straight games then yes yes viva The Toronto Maple Leafs.
Kinda feel if I stop being a Canuck fan & cheer on another team it will be like committing sports adultery.
Chris you must be a happy camper as the Leafs most nights are an exciting to watch.
TNAngler that last game was very exciting. Preds outshot by a good margin. But Preds had lots of quality chances. They must of hit 2-3 posts. Both goalies made super man incredible saves. Easy could of been a 6-4 score for Vegas & not 2-1 Nashville when the dust cleared.m

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #189 on: January 24, 2019, 11:54:33 PM »

You planning to steal it ?

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #190 on: January 27, 2019, 06:06:02 PM »

You planning to steal it ?
;D ;D ;D When are you getting the #34 floats you won?

TNAngler

« Reply #191 on: January 28, 2019, 08:51:03 AM »

How did we get the All Star break followed by our week off?  No game till Saturday?  What do I even do with myself?

arimaBOATER

« Reply #192 on: January 28, 2019, 02:37:29 PM »

How did we get the All Star break followed by our week off?  No game till Saturday?  What do I even do with myself?
Surface surface surface..open the hatch. Lookouts go top side.
Submarine Al reporting.
Gee I pointed my finger at Chris & Novabonker & called them Submarine Chris & Submarine Novabonker & now 3 fingers point back at me. Now I'm submarine Al. God bless GordJ for calling me out for posting too much  ;D.
Ya no hockey. This is the halfway pt. in the season so it's good for the players to get a break in the action. Not good for fans though. As far as the All Star game...do not like the set up.
NHL should just go back to having regular game.
Having three skaters against three skaters just looks so unbalanced. 5 skaters vs 5 skaters is more exciting.
Canucks out of the good of their heart have sent the Leafs & Preds cakes pies chocolate bars ice cream potato chips....eat eat eat...
( do not like the chances of a Canucks victory over the Leafs or Preds. Safe bet is Canucks would lose. )
Petterson in the skating contest must of lost 2 secs. unless it's my tv or Telus error. Ref blew the whistle & Petterson just stood there & finally got his legs moving. Boooooooo!

TNAngler

« Reply #193 on: January 31, 2019, 08:08:34 AM »

My mother passed away unexpectedly on Tuesday.   :'(  I could really use some good hockey right about now.  And sadly, she was one that was keeping my dad somewhat coherent so it is likely he will quickly head downhill. 

arimaBOATER

« Reply #194 on: January 31, 2019, 08:52:21 AM »

My mother passed away unexpectedly on Tuesday.   :'(  I could really use some good hockey right about now.  And sadly, she was one that was keeping my dad somewhat coherent so it is likely he will quickly head downhill.
So sad news when a loved one dies. Parents who loved their children are really missed. Even more of a shock when it happens suddenly as in your mom's case. But like Pat Boone (actor/singer) said recently,when his wife of 60 plus yrs passed away in January that she's not dead....only her address changed.
Thoughts & prayers for you / family at this time. Gets easier in time. Lost my dad in 2017 so know how it feels.