Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2018-2019 NHL Season  (Read 145696 times)

arimaBOATER

Re: 2018-2019 NHL Season
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2018, 11:08:51 PM »

Another tremendous win tonight.
My wife has a cough & literally she kinda was like an alarm clock. Fall asleep then she'd cough like a HORSE!!! Finally she stopped the cough cycle about 3am. So would ya not know it I fell asleep on our comfy leather couch in the beginning of the 3rd period. Woke up & had to check the sports report.
What 7-6 !
Canucks have some firepower!!!
Fans got entertained.

TNAngler

« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2018, 10:35:09 AM »

Glad you guys are having a good season.  Things still going well here too.  Love hockey season.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2018, 01:24:17 PM »

Glad you guys are having a good season.  Things still going well here too.  Love hockey season.
Yes,think FA will agree ...we are soooooo happy Nashville is doing well. ( but we will stab Nashville in the back & defeat Preds with skill or with a few "tricks" spearing where it counts but only if the ref is not looking  ::) ) But ya Preds are getting big W's over good teams. ( rumor has it that if team loses they forfeit their game $ )  ;D
Your goalie is getting old but still signed for extra 2 yrs. ( Rennie )
And Joel Q. has been fired !!! Guy makes something like 6 million per season. ( for a coach!!!! )
If memory serves me correctly Nashville booted out the Hawks in the playoffs not so many yrs ago.
Hey but the Hawks under Joel got 3 Stanley Cups ! Canucks under dozens of coaches & still no Stanley.
Joel come to the Canucks.

TNAngler

« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2018, 11:23:08 AM »

Yes,think FA will agree ...we are soooooo happy Nashville is doing well. ( but we will stab Nashville in the back & defeat Preds with skill or with a few "tricks" spearing where it counts but only if the ref is not looking  ::) ) But ya Preds are getting big W's over good teams. ( rumor has it that if team loses they forfeit their game $ )  ;D
Your goalie is getting old but still signed for extra 2 yrs. ( Rennie )
And Joel Q. has been fired !!! Guy makes something like 6 million per season. ( for a coach!!!! )
If memory serves me correctly Nashville booted out the Hawks in the playoffs not so many yrs ago.
Hey but the Hawks under Joel got 3 Stanley Cups ! Canucks under dozens of coaches & still no Stanley.
Joel come to the Canucks.

Yes, not last year but the year before we booted the Hawks out of the playoffs.  Not just booted, swept them in the first round.  Not only swept, but allowed zero goals their entire two home games (No Chelsea Dagger, win for everybody) and only allowed a couple away goals and they led only a couple minutes out of all four games.  I think it broke them because they were relevant for very little last year.  Yes, they had goalie problems but the team heart seemed to be gone.  They were no longer the favorite and somehow that translated to them being mostly irrelevant very quickly.  Yes, we take pride in breaking the Blackhawks.

And yes, Rinne is getting old but the extension he signed has now our starter and our next starter (the transition has already begun shifting more starts toward Sauros every year) locked up for the next two years combined for less than Rinne's current contract.  Huge win there.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2018, 12:46:47 PM »

Wow TNA ya make good pts & info.
Remember Chicago got beat by Preds but did not know it was such a massacre !!!!
That a pill the size of a hockey puck for Hawks players coach & fans to swallow.
The cure would be to replay the Stanley Cup winning games. ;D
Refocus on positive accomplishments. Imagine 3 Cups by the same core of players/coach in the 30 plus league. That's really a big bar that is miraculous really.
Ask us Canuck fans.
Ya Preds goaltending duo is strong.
Nothing worse than have a team get many scoring chances & the other team gets off a weak shot & scores. Takes the air out of a teams sails.
Toronto ( Anderson ) is such a stopper. Chris must chuckle when he sees him making great saves with ease & on a regular basis. Also his teamates see how the goalie comes with his A game so they do as well. Rubs off on the team.
Our Petterson is being compared to Wayne Gretzky ! Even has the same body type. This guy is soooooo..talented. He could have had 3-4 goals against Detroit if it were not for great saves.
Canucks got a pt anyways. 

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2018, 08:23:55 PM »

Another win tonight. The rebuild is coming along nicely. We are all Canucks.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2018, 01:22:54 PM »

Another win tonight. The rebuild is coming along nicely. We are all Canucks.
Rebuild ? The team is completed & built. Canucks are ready for all takers!!!
Stanley Cup is ours in 2018/19  :)
Leafs & Preds will have to wait 2019/20 to fight it out.
Canucks blood transfusion has worked plus getting rid of "has been" players.
Even Canuck goaltending is doing their part.
( new goalie coach is worth his salt )
Know FA thinks the Cup is ours but he is too humble to "say it".  ;)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2018, 01:28:49 PM »

Know FA thinks the Cup is ours but he is too humble to "say it".  ;)

You're beginning to sound like Chris

arimaBOATER

« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2018, 04:28:00 PM »

You're beginning to sound like Chris
;D ;D ;D ;D
 Chris? Chris who? Are you meaning that talented sports fisherman, Bible thumper Sunday church going, clean up trash in his community, moral, you tuber, forum poster, Leaf loving 75 yr old guy, who knows how to skate & shoot a puck & is he the one who played with/against Errol Flynn the very famous actor ( or am I mixing that one up...Flynn who played in an exhibition rugby or hockey game with Chris or someone else ? ) .....well if I sound like him ...I think that's a positive thing!!!
But seriously FA ya gotta like how the Canucks are performing.  Plus the team looks to have great chemistry on the bench. They look alive energized focused....not the dumbfounded puzzle daze look of past teams. Bring on the Leafs !!!!! Bragging rights. In their rink or ours. We dare them to cross our Canuck blue line.  ;D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2018, 06:58:18 PM »

Chris the ex Leaf advisor who was fired by the GM Doofus. Another point for the Canucks this afternoon. Wonder how the Leaves do tonight ?

arimaBOATER

« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2018, 10:07:38 PM »

Chris the ex Leaf advisor who was fired by the GM Doofus. Another point for the Canucks this afternoon. Wonder how the Leaves do tonight ?
Chris has not commented in a while or on this latest news. Think he's waiting for the Leafs to get the Cup & then he will post!  ;D
Let's see....Canucks beat Boston the other night...Boston beats Leafs today.
That makes it clear as my nose on my face...Canucks are better than Leafs!!!
Ya Canucks get a pt with the tie ( even after 60 minutes )
Rumour has it the Canucks saw a little girl crying as she was so upset the Sabres were losing 3-1 so...somehow in an unspoken way Buffalo tied the game. Win in SO.
Little girl went home happy.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2018, 10:35:10 PM »

Chris doesn't post anymore because he's no longer the Leaf advisor. He's now a Canuck fan.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2018, 01:58:31 PM »

Chris doesn't post anymore because he's no longer the Leaf advisor. He's now a Canuck fan.
In this present world people are very outspoken. Many Catholic priests wear street cloths in public...many Pres. Trump followers no longer wear their "Make America great again" caps...on & on.
I think many Leaf fans no longer wear their Maple Leaf T shirts at Canuck home games...
Why all the above. Because some fans are so short tempered / maybe too many beers arguments start & punches may be thrown.
Me I'm even tempered & this is Canada & people should be able to cheer on whatever team or believe in whatever religion ( false or true. ) as that is what the right to choose is all about.
But if this is not fake news & is fact ....welcome Chris to the Canuck fold.  :)
A Canuck win tonight in NY state will give us 2 pts out of a possible 4.
Close game in NYC yesterday. Islanders hopely do not have as good goalie & more goals for the Vancouver team.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 02:00:34 PM by A-BOATER »

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2018, 06:30:37 PM »

No I have been so busy hunting and fishing and in TO advising to post. Freezer now filled with a deer, fish, grouse, ducks, 5 different wild berries and now a goose that fell tonight on 2 shots like the Canucks are tonight.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2018, 09:22:01 PM »

Chris you've been so busy...talk about active. By the sounds of it it's not a small freezer ( apt size ) but full size one. Deer fish birds...berries..
The great outdoors is hunter's & sports fishermen/ladies supermarket.
The Leafs get another W. & Canucks on a bit of a slump. Even Pettersson has been shooting blanks lately.
Roller coaster wins/losses... well Canucks still have a winning record...Leafs though are rolling along quite well. Basically 2 wins to 1 loss.
Leafs have a solid goalie who rarely has a bad game.
Our goalies play ok but seem to let in 1-2 soft goals in too many games.
Leafs & Canucks meet in January & it should provide some fireworks  ;D
Canucks took toooooooo many penalties in the 3rd. Booooooooooo !