Yes -2 weeks
- 6 (10.2%)
3 weeks
- 1 (1.7%)
1 year
- 23 (39%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Voting closed: October 05, 2018, 11:51:36 AM

Author Topic: Ralph needs a time out  (Read 10160 times)

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
Re: Ralph needs a time out
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2018, 03:40:56 PM »

Ralph,
I'm 63 years old, started fishing when in was 5 ...

You called me old. I am 62. You can do he math. Birthday was a couple weeks ago. I am a CPA (retired). Married 40 years that anniversary was just a few days before my birthday. University education. Two adult children. No grand kids. No prospects of any as yet. Lots of hobbies and things to keep me active. As I said an accident a few months ago serious that restricted what I could do. Still recovering. Perhaps that partly explains why I seem to have been on line so much lately.

I have significantly different opinions than many here. Based on knowledge, education and experience.  Sorry (irony)

Cheers.

"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Tangles

« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2018, 03:45:48 PM »

I wish you to recover fully and successfully so you can finally get a break from Internet. ;)

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2018, 04:08:04 PM »

I wish you to recover fully and successfully so you can finally get a break from Internet. ;)

LOL!!  best response yet ;D

firstlight

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2018, 05:32:03 PM »

Ralphy for Mayor .

spoiler

« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2018, 05:52:58 PM »

Dave you are a prince!

spoiler

« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2018, 05:54:14 PM »

Ralph,
I'm glad you told me you are a CPA!
THAT EXPLAINS EVERYTHING!!!!!

spoiler

« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2018, 05:56:33 PM »

Oh and by the way I got you beat, happily married for 42 years!
you may be younger than me but you are acting like an old man on here!

Wiseguy

• Old Timer
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2018, 05:58:08 PM »

IMO of Ralph is he comes across as a "know it all" but be careful of what you wish for, I have seen on other forums the posters who are on all the time and have an opinion on everything, once gone are missed.

BBarley

« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2018, 11:37:20 PM »

In the few posts I have made this past sockeye recreational season, Ralph has made completely logical and substantiative arguments. You may be in disagreement with him/he may be in disagreement with you, but it should be a respectful thing and challenge you to think deeper and promote within. I respect what wisdom he chooses to share on this forum because one day it may not be around for all of us to learn from.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2018, 08:38:40 AM »

Thank you B. Barley, it's what I aim for.

"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2018, 09:19:39 AM »

Ralph,
I'm glad you told me you are a CPA!
THAT EXPLAINS EVERYTHING!!!!!

Yeah it explains a lot. Being a CPA is just a part of it though a person can't spend 35 years of their life in such a profession and not have your thinking patterns altered. A CPA combined with many other things I won't go into means I have an intellectual background and a structured way of thinking most people lack. That sounds arrogant but I am proud of it. I hate ignorance and don't suffer fools gladly, particularly not fools who are mean spirited.

iblly

• Old Timer
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2018, 11:08:34 AM »

And that statement there says it all Ralphy. Mean spirited ? You've done a lot of name calling here. You're a CPA but these numbers just don't add up for you do they. I'm tapping out of the Ralph thread before I Ralph.  Wish you speedy recovery from your injury. Cheers.

Fatso

« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2018, 11:11:28 AM »

Ralph:

I won't go into means I have an intellectual background and a structured way of thinking most people lack. That sounds arrogant but I am proud of it. I hate ignorance and don't suffer fools gladly

Ralph, such oratorical flatulence puts out as much methane as a cattle farm .  Please help abate man made global warming by refraining from such delusional self adoration.  ;D

Oh, and please use your superior intellectual skills to remember that for now and the foreseeable, water flows downhill to to find its equilibrium, not up as some charlatans would have you believe.  ;D

spoiler

« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2018, 01:17:01 PM »

see what I mean! hahahahahaha!

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2018, 02:16:25 PM »

A CPA combined with many other things I won't go into means I have an intellectual background and a structured way of thinking most people lack. That sounds arrogant but I am proud of it. I hate ignorance and don't suffer fools gladly, particularly not fools who are mean spirited.

I’m a regular on two other sites like FWR and each has its own version of Ralph.  I would suppose it difficult to be one of those people and not come across as arrogant and disrespectful; indeed the other two Ralphs are condescending as hell, and have pissed off many. 
Before reading the above I thought you might float above the others Ralph, but now, not so much.