Yes -2 weeks
- 6 (10.2%)
3 weeks
- 1 (1.7%)
1 year
- 23 (39%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Voting closed: October 05, 2018, 11:51:36 AM

Author Topic: Ralph needs a time out  (Read 10174 times)

Tangles

Re: Ralph needs a time out
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2018, 10:02:27 PM »

Ralph is a miserable old little grampa, that likes to nag and spout anger and negativity in every topic there is. He doesn't like anything and anyone. I've never heard him pointing out someone as knowledgable or simply agree with anything that he himself hasn't already said at prior point.
Also I think age and experience is not an excuse to stop fishing as I see top rods well into their 70s everytime when I'm on the water. I'm guessing those folks prefer to rather enjoy what has become limited time left instead of insulting random people on internet from the comfort of their couch.
Ralph I think you should resort to playing bingo and do your crosswords and let his forum return back to normal.

mikeyman

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2018, 10:11:00 PM »

Ralph is Rod in disguise letting us know what he really thinks. Or just stirring the pot to get some more posts or hits.

mikeyman

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2018, 10:12:52 PM »

I am Ralphs complete lack of suprise.

mikeyman

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2018, 10:14:25 PM »

Fish fight club.

I Am Ralphs Raging Bile Duct
I Am Ralphs Cold Sweat
I Am Ralphs Inflamed Sense of Rejection
I Am Ralphs Smirking Revenge
I Am Ralphs Broken Heart
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 10:22:51 PM by mikeyman »

Blood_Orange

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2018, 06:45:14 AM »

What a strange mix of good-natured ribbing and spiteful, negative posts. Sounds like some people mistakenly read this thread as a chance to get out their sharpened knives... I don't come here for attitudes like that. I much prefer the good-natured ribbing.

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2018, 06:54:45 AM »

I much prefer the good-natured ribbing.

So do I.  If you don't like Ralph's posts, don't read them.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2018, 07:26:11 AM »

explain then why you are on here so much?
normal people have a life and they are out doing things rather than criticizing everybody else's post than comes on here!
you seem to think you have some kind of duty to correct everyone that makes a statement on this forum.
not being mean, just calling it the way I see it.

hmmm interesting that you are so concerned with how I spent my time. Strange obsessions some people have.

As far breaks, time off etc. I was away for much of last week and off line. No one seemed to notice! Out fishing 3 times ...no one seemed to notice. I haven't been able to fish much for months following an accident I had a few months ago and am now just getting back into it. Normally I also get a lot of exercise during my day but that's been restricted too. How about you?

You called me old. How about you? What's your age?

I could go on but why bother. Your life is run by assumptions.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2018, 08:20:08 AM »

You have to love when internet posts hit a sore spot with people, and they take it personally. It's the internet people! Thousands upon thousands of users are on here - it's inevitable that someone will have a differing opinion than you. If you can't brush off what "some mean grandpa" says on here, you probably shouldn't be a regular.

This thread was hilarious at first, but it's become downright ridiculous. Yep, Ralph says things I often don't agree with. He's always "right," and will always play devils advocate, but sometimes that's needed to see both sides of a discussion. Things wouldn't be fun without Ralph, who would we argue with?!

iblly

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2018, 09:00:42 AM »

There's a difference between posting opinions and insulting people. I must admit I am curious to see who he's insulting each day.

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2018, 09:02:44 AM »

clarki

• Old Timer
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2018, 09:15:06 AM »

Team Ralph

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2018, 09:16:54 AM »

There's a difference between posting opinions and insulting people. I must admit I am curious to see who he's insulting each day.

hmmm - there is a lot of insult slinging on this website and it don't always involve me.

Also I have always had a very low opinion of those who slur others that are not in a position to respond.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

iblly

• Old Timer
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2018, 09:24:49 AM »

hmmm - there is a lot of insult slinging on this website and it don't always involve me.

Also I have always had a very low opinion of those who slur others that are not in a position to respond.
True not always you but you sure seem to be the hot topic. Hmmm I wonder why ? Never a dull moment. Glad you're in a position to respond. Cheers.

ByteMe

« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2018, 09:25:19 AM »

If we all agree on everything, it would be an awful boring forum, controversy is needed, good or bad, as long as we all agree to disagree in a civil manner............I still think Ralph should be banned for life ;).....................just kidding Ralph
There is more Bull S**T in fly fishing than in a Texas cattle yard
                                         Lefty Kreh

spoiler

« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2018, 02:05:44 PM »

Ralph,
I'm 63 years old, started fishing when in was 5 and haven't stopped. Started fishing the Vedder / Chilliwack system in 1966 and haven't missed a Steelhead season since. I have a full time job in very high profile construction company and have been in the construction industry for 42 years. I worked in a sporting goods shop, tied flies professionally and built custom rods as well as repairs, started a fly fishing club, worked on fisheries stream enhancement projects, taught fly casting, fly tying etc. And in my spare time raised a family and a son who is a very accomplished fisherman if I do say myself.
I also do 2-3 saltwater fishing trips up the coast every year including Haida Gwaii, central coast, northwestern Van Isle, just got back from fishing Sooke yesterday. Oh and I stay very active physically.
anything else you want to know?