Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Kawkawa Lake, August 7th 2018  (Read 4038 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Kawkawa Lake, August 7th 2018
« on: August 07, 2018, 09:38:30 PM »

Spent a few hours in the heat at Kawkawa Lake today for one last kokanee trip this season. After some searching and intel, found schooling fish at 42 feet of water. Schools were suspending at 33 to 40 feet. We got into a few, but the landing ratio was poor. In total, over a dozen were hooked, only three landed. Krill on the sliding weight rig and jigging a 1/16oz Croc spoons both worked. We also wrapped up our summer filming today. New episodes to come in September.

FlyFishin Magician

• Old Timer
Re: Kawkawa Lake, August 7th 2018
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 10:34:05 PM »

Nice fish Rod!  They're quite a bit larger than when we caught them in April.  I wish I had more time to fish that lake!  Nice way to avoid the crowds for the "other" sockeye fishery...  ;)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2018, 12:53:52 PM »

Thanks FFM. Actually these ones were quite a bit smaller than what I had expected. In past summers, we have always been able to find at least some fish in the 16 to 18 inches range. That said, it was still a really enjoyable day. It gets pretty exciting whenever a school of kokanee comes across the sounder screen and then the rods start going off.

pepsitrev

• Old Timer
  • my family and fishin are #1 in my life
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2018, 04:40:59 PM »

nice to see you got out on the lake rodney. nice looking fish in the pic you posted. am looking forwards to getting out and doing some soskeye fishing in the next few days. tight lines and happy fishing my friend.