Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Toronto wins The Stanley Cup in 2019  (Read 3737 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Toronto wins The Stanley Cup in 2019
« on: July 01, 2018, 01:43:08 PM »

Why do I say that? Because we now have JT on the team. No it is not Justin Trudeau.lol

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: Toronto wins The Stanley Cup in 2019
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2018, 02:26:37 PM »

A bit early to be indulging in the weed Chris. It's not legal til Oct. 17th

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2018, 02:30:22 PM »

A bit early to be indulging in the weed Chris. It's not legal til Oct. 17th
I guess it will be a hot item in Vancouver land as they have no bright spots to cheer for once again.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2018, 04:01:41 PM »

Typical Chris, planning the annual Stanley Cup parade in July. ;D John Tavares is a loser. How many Cups has he won ? How many post season games has he played in his career ?

arimaBOATER

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2018, 09:42:34 PM »

Tavares is a player that I had no idea about,but when I seen him in a game against the Canucks last season he got my notice & interest. He looked so strong on his skates & owned the puck. Kinda like Pele with a soccer ball. When he had the puck it looked like in an instant he could make a pass or take a shot or stick handle & make a play on the net. He looked so calm patient & tricky. He also looks well built physically. Plus he likes Leafs as that was his boyhood team. Leafs just got to be a much better team with him on it. But it 's a team game of defence & offence & he & Matthews & other good Leaf players are only on the ice for 45 sec shifts / 20 minutes ice time in a game so ....the other guys gotta play hard.
Washington Boston Pittsburg Detroit etc...are more than likely going in the playoffs...& the Leafs will have to beat some very good teams on the way to the Cup.
16 teams make it to the post season so it 's not just 6-10 teams so getting the Cup is a grind & battle. Can the Leafs hold up physically to get to the finals?
Going back a bit ...did not the Toronto Marlies win the championship?
(Have not posted on sports much because hockey season is over & I'm trying to get interested in the CFL but honestly the Lions have not impressed me at all. Hamilton Edmonton Calgary Ottawa look like they have a system.) Toronto is going to be a very very much better team this year & predict they will kick the Canucks butt when they meet. ( meet in the Stanley Cup...pass the joint over here puff puff ...oh hi oh yes I smoke pot but I never inhale ::) is that how the story goes? Actually never touched a joint for 25-30 yrs at least for the record...red wine only a day ago. )
Canucks are like the Lions. The pits. Maybe with the twins gone the Canucks will surprise us fans.
Tavares is a great player. Chris eyes look brighter today! Big signing.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 09:50:15 PM by A-BOATER »