Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Weekend camper  (Read 5886 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Weekend camper
« on: August 02, 2004, 05:56:03 PM »

This fellow was actually fishing out of his truck with loud music blaring, and drinking going on.

otto

Re:Weekend camper
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2004, 06:00:31 PM »

SAY WHAT??? where the heck was this......  ??? ???

one heck of a lift kit and 35" swampers to clear all that water.........what the heck was he fishing for????

::) ::) ::)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2004, 06:14:33 PM »

Was taken just above the KWB in the Vedder Canal.

otto

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2004, 06:15:34 PM »

that figures....... >:( >:( >:(

Bantam_50

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2004, 06:35:25 PM »

A copy of them pic's and his license plate # should be sent to DFO. Typical weekend warrior...no respect for his environment or those around him.

Anyone else hear about the yahoo tearing up around PegLeg on the bar last night trying to impress everyone....sounds like he had alot of liquid courage to ruin his new truck (which my bro and a few others thought he did, after seeing him tear off up river and then hearing a loud crashing noise)....and we wonder why gates go up.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2004, 07:30:35 PM »

What an idiot ! Where's Darwin when you need him ?

canoe man

• Old Timer
  • and awaaaaaaaay we go!
    • brandywine marine
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2004, 10:03:01 PM »

oh thats the problem DARWIN IS AT WORK
the problem is just not fast enough, before he spawns
president of the HANEY HOOKERS SOCIETY

Trout Slayer

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2004, 10:53:03 PM »

Saw that 2 weeks ago in the river, same spot same place........what couple of jackasses!

BirdNester

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2004, 11:46:53 PM »

Hey, looks like he spent all his money on a truck and couldn't afford a boat... I give him credit. This guys a problem solver, I like him.
RobertO

TtotheE

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2004, 12:03:26 AM »

what about that sports car/jet boat they came out with this year? I wonder how steep the launch can be for it.

dennisK

• Old Timer
  • sheep rise up.
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2004, 08:17:36 AM »

i blame his parents - how does someone grow up like that totally ignorant of the environment. but you know if you say something you end up being one degree away from a hostile and ugly brawl.

keithr

• If you want to know about me, see my website.
    • Our place in Mexico
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2004, 02:37:04 PM »

"if you say something . . . "
The last couple of days I've been thinking that perhaps you Canadians are too nice or polite or accommodating for your own good.
It started with the driftnet threads, and now this jerk with the monster truck.  In both cases we have people abusing the environment in ways that the vast majority of sportsmen are against.
I thought about when I was a kid on the Salmon River in Idaho.  I remember people on the river talking about some guys who had been using dynamite in the river.  I asked what had become of those guys, and the answer was that these guys had moved out of the country (meaning our neck of the woods) because as soon as the word got out that they were dynamiting the river it became next to impossible for these guys to appear in public.  If they went into a bar for a beer, half the guys inside would invite them back outside to duke it out.  Sure, we had a game warden, but no one even considered getting him in on the act--this was an issue that was handled "in-house."  When it became known that a recent resident of the county was killing way more deer than he and his family could eat or even take care of it was the same story.  If a hunter found an elk or deer with only the hind quarters removed and the rest left to rot, the person who had done it had better be long gone by that time, or the results would not be pleasant.

Of course, down here things are not so wild and wooley as they were in those days, and we have a lot more game wardens and other law enforcement people than we did then, and my impression is that they stay on top of these situations well enough that local folks don't have to roll up their sleeves and make a fist.  But judging from some of the threads here, you guys haven't reached that point yet.  I think you need more confrontations, bruised knuckles, and flattened noses.  So long as you put up with crap you will have more of it.  You have to make such a big stink that the powers that be actually do something about it and so that these people who are abusing these resources have to worry not only about being spotted by the law but also have to worry about being spotted by anyone, period.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2004, 03:23:00 PM »

You raised a good point Keith. The problem is that there are too many "loose cannons" out there waiting for a spark to set them off. Just a couple of days ago, a good samitarian stopped to help a lady who was been beaten by a guy. The guy then turned on the samitarian and gave him a severe beating. He's now in hospital with head and facial injuries.

keithr

• If you want to know about me, see my website.
    • Our place in Mexico
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2004, 04:02:18 PM »

You are right, Fish Assassin.  Being in the right doesn't make you invincible.  And my impression is that if you get in between a man and a woman fighting, about half the time BOTH of them will end up beating on you.

But when I read the thread about the grassy bank incident where a native setting a drift net was being harrassed by another boater, I thought, "Right on!"  Next time this native thinks about setting a drift net he will probably take into consideration what happened that time.  Might make him hesitate.  No?

Finally, I think it comes down to how much we will put up with.  Think it over; decide what that is.  When someone crosses that line, then you gotta either step up to the plate or grin and bear it.  Even if you come out second best, that other guy will think twice the next time.  On the other hand, if you decide to grin and bear it, you gotta live with yourself later.

Wasn't it a Captain Beefheart song that goes, "Whoever you are/you push me too far/now I'm gonna have to smash your face."

Yes, I know this isn't an ideal solution, and I hate coming across as a stereotypical agressive gringo--I'm about as easygoing as you can get, really.  Some things, though, really tick me off, and "whoever you are . . . .

otto

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2004, 04:19:12 PM »

could'nt agree more with you Keithr!!!(RE: us Canucks too polite an nice)

problem is up here is that our justice system favors the slap on the wrist punishment for the thieves, rapists, environment damagers etc. but if working class joe blow decides to defend himself or help some else out, we get thrown in the slammer and humiliated in public. i could rant for hours about the BS system up here, but i dont want to take away all of FWR's server storage  ;D

we used to have game wardens up here, and fishing wardens etc etc. but the cutbacks keep coming, and the staff keep dwindling. DFO or the RCMP or municipal Police are simply not going to respond to a call like that idiot in the truck, or a call out to a lake in the middle of nowhere. they are going to (no offense to my friends in Law Enforcement, Border, or ERT) go to the calls that are closest to them and more likely to produce an arrest or takedown. no cop wants to drive three hours to a river and then get there and the yahoo is gone. even with licence plates and truck ident, and witnesses etc.........

i will say this though. my building has been broken into many times in Mt Pleasant. only once did the cops show up, and not even when i arrested two crackheads in the parking lots with weapons. I was forced to deal with them myself and i did so violently.  

now if you go over to the wealthier side of the city, and you live there and you call the police, on average they arrive in less than 6 minutes. hmmmm........east van average arrival time is A: never, B: 2-10 hours.    go figure.

rant...... >:(
« Last Edit: August 03, 2004, 04:23:59 PM by otto »