Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fraser River Cleanup Time This Saturday  (Read 2631 times)

stsfisher

Re: Fraser River Cleanup Time This Saturday
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 06:07:37 AM »

Looking forward to our satellite clean-up with our Baseball crew. See you there Chris.

Took a look at the clean up spot yesterday, and I was actually impressed. 5th year doing this and it would seem the trash is somewhat lighter. Maybe the message is getting out. 

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 08:23:39 AM »

Looking forward to our satellite clean-up with our Baseball crew. See you there Chris.

Took a look at the clean up spot yesterday, and I was actually impressed. 5th year doing this and it would seem the trash is somewhat lighter. Maybe the message is getting out.
Glad your team is coming this year again, we the FVSS are working around Denbows, Bert Brink Game Reserve and Old Orchard road at the old boat launch site for starters as we are meeting at Lickman Tim Hortons at 7:30 before heading out. Hope to see you later at cleanup headquarters at Gill around noon.

The Fraser Valley Salmon Society has donated $200 to the SOS crew (Save our Sloughs) for cleanup shirts  for their cleanup on Hope and Camp River sloughs on Saturday.

So good to see so many people getting involved in this and other cleanup. Like you say it is getting better in many locations but there is still too many doing illegal dumping.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2018, 12:22:25 PM »

Good to see you and your team out at the clean up. Wow to have 11 of your 12 team members out with their families was very impressive. Also thanks to some from FWR that were out too. Initial count was around 650 volunteers, here is a video wrap of the day I filmed. https://youtu.be/BWjHBzh8RXI

stsfisher

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2018, 06:06:01 AM »

Good to see you and your team out at the clean up. Wow to have 11 of your 12 team members out with their families was very impressive. Also thanks to some from FWR that were out too. Initial count was around 650 volunteers, here is a video wrap of the day I filmed. https://youtu.be/BWjHBzh8RXI

Yes this event serves as a great learning and bonding experience for our group. Kids have a great time without even knowing they are doing nasty work. 650 volunteers is  very impressive!!!
Great to see you and all the others so involved in our community again this year Chris., you guys do an amazing job to inspire others to get involved.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2018, 10:52:53 AM »

One of the videos I filmed at the cleanup.https://youtu.be/33q1AtH4dws

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2018, 03:09:16 PM »

Hello,

>From all of us at Fraser Riverkeeper and Woodtone, we want to express our gratitude and to sincerely thank you for your involvement and contributions that went into this year’s Fraser River cleanup.

This past Saturday, a total of 650 volunteers turned out to lend a hand and remove garbage from 8 separate locations along the Chilliwack stretch of the Fraser River. We removed a total of 12.6 tonnes of garbage, bringing us to a grand total of 125 tonnes over the last 11 years!

Without the generous contribution of your time, manpower, and resources, we would never have been able to accomplish what we did. The way everyone came together to keep our watershed clean is truly inspiring.  We appreciate everything you put forward to make this year’s cleanup the best one yet!

Thank you again,

Kevin Raffle &  Megan Reich