Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bad Mojo  (Read 5913 times)

dave c

Re: Bad Mojo
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2018, 04:27:32 PM »

0 for 1 today. Still on the snide

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2018, 05:30:42 PM »

This thread seems more exciting to read than the main steelhead thread on Vedder Steelhead Condition where Chris has yet to report fighting a fish this season.  ;D ;D ;D The thread and its posts on multiple hookups remind me of the good old days. LOL. With all the hot fishing posts here, it will be gong shows on the Vedder if it isn't already.

dave c

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2018, 03:48:44 PM »

The drought is finally over!😁😁😁😁😁

Capt. jack

• fishing on piers bc
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2018, 07:23:51 PM »

Think that's bad, the last three trips in 2017 I had nothing, no hits, nibbles, sniffs, even looks. That was at Ross Lake/ Skagit river.
Hope 2018 is better...
"What? Every body knows I drink coffee when I watch sonar"

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2018, 08:47:25 PM »

Early season my landing % was something crazy bad like 30%, couldn't keep a fish on to save my life, and nothing had changed since last season gear wise. Switched to circle hooks at recommendation of a buddy of mine - been up in the 80% ever since. Only lame thing is that the circle hooks don't seem to work with bait well, so they aren't my choice on bait usage rivers. Artificials like worms and beads... once they are pinned they are as good as landed (obviously with exceptions to break offs)...

Fished the Vedder for the first time this year. 0/2 in 3 hours. I can't believe how much the river has changed since last year in my favorite haunts, that flood must have been epic. Been a long time since I've seen it that low and clear during steelhead season as well... Broke one off in tight and the other was a poor hookup. Hopefully the luck changes tomorrow!