Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fraser August 1st  (Read 6239 times)

Fishin Freak

• Old Timer
  • Get The Feeling, Toyota!
Fraser August 1st
« on: August 01, 2004, 05:25:24 PM »

Fished a bar today above the rosedale bridge. Landed one squaw fish, and that's it!!!! Didn't see or hear of a fish caught on the bar I was fishing and same as other bars my friends were fishing. Saw LOTS of native netters out today.

scottm

• I'm a llama!
Socks on the Fraser Aug1
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2004, 05:31:08 PM »

I fished from 9am until 3pm at peg leg there were a few socks taken i got my 2 but not that many to speak of from my point of view.There were alot of boats drifting down with springs and a couple on shore i will give it another shot tomorrow.  

Trout Slayer

• Old Timer
Re:Fraser August 1st
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2004, 06:18:43 PM »

Got my limit again today close to Island 22, lost several others as well. Best Sockeye fishing I've ever partaken in was this weekend. :) So much for the little runts, the fish were 6-9lbs class. Natives have nets everywhere you look. :o Came by in big numbers yesterday and lots were being hooked and slower today but still managed. Saw a 6 foot Sturgeon rise infront of are boat which was cool. BTW....the Bent Rods jet flew by us and are boat nearly swamped by the rip rap at Island 22, we only have an 8 horse and were struggling with the current then the wakes from the jet. (We were in the 12 foot red Lund heading upstream) 8)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2004, 06:28:27 PM by tHe TrOuT sLaYeR »

fishinfever

• fishing is REELality
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2004, 06:59:14 PM »

can you wade to pegleg bar now or is it still boat access? far fo many at bar iv'e been fishing at and too far to travel.

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
  • Less Computer Time - More fishing Time...yes YOU!
    • My Pictures
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2004, 08:43:18 PM »

Laidlaw 07:30-16:00  3 fish between my buddy and I.  More fish than yesterday, but still not the "Sockeye season of past"

Will try again tomorrow.

Tight lines.

leadbelly

• Old Timer
  • Dont pitch it out, Pitch in!
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2004, 08:50:01 PM »

thanks for the report,might try tomorrow there again as well If I can talk myself into the long drive

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2004, 08:52:42 PM »

Wouldn't it be cheaper and far less tiring if you were to sleep in your new truck overnight  DS ?

leadbelly

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2004, 09:01:13 PM »

if you do heres what I learned in the last couple of truck sleeps there-Bring long pants-
bring bug spray-bring more bug spray and park away from the tracks next to the bush, next time I might try parking on the large gravle area at the mouth of the jones lake road, looks much quieter ;D

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
    • My Pictures
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2004, 09:22:50 PM »

Wouldn't it be cheaper and far less tiring if you were to sleep in your new truck overnight  DS ?

But much tougher on the marriage :D

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
    • My Pictures
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2004, 09:24:12 PM »

thanks for the report,might try tomorrow there again as well If I can talk myself into the long drive

I'll be at the bottom 3rd again likely - Just up from the last HUGE log on the beach.  Large white guy with small asian buddy ;)

Bantam_50

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2004, 09:41:32 PM »

Wow....sockeye fishing is tough when you get blanked at Herrling. First time ever. I've never seen it so slow there. Averaged about maybe a 1/4 fish per angler. Not sure if the upper bar (boat access only) is where it's at, but it sure was busy. Herrling has changed some and the fish might be traveling out further during the day.  

Finished the day at Pegleg. 1 long line release. If you value a little serenity, stay away.  :P

Wasn't sure at some moments whether I was at Ambleside beach casting (boat shore wash) or at Lake Washington listening to hydroplane races. Again it's changed and probably needs the river to drop more. Again boat anglers excelled over foot soldiers. Nice place to take the kids and have a swim in the back channels.  :P

btw: When you need to chase a sock with the boat, it gives you an idea of how hard Upper Minto channel is running.  :D

Test #'s show they're there, it's just hooking up with them.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2004, 09:51:04 PM »

Is Herrling accessible by foot now ?

leadbelly

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2004, 09:53:30 PM »

looked deep Sat as I drove by.

kellya

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2004, 09:59:54 PM »

leadbelly is your name jim macdonald by chance ???

BUBBA

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2004, 10:30:23 PM »

Fished Seabird Island today after putting in a couple unproductive hours at the Vedder. Saw a fair number of sox taken and also a few clean springs . Only got one sockeye myself . Lots of people fishing.