Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Shimano rod warranty  (Read 2240 times)

psd1179

• Old Timer
Shimano rod warranty
« on: January 08, 2018, 01:14:44 PM »

Share a bit of the shimano rod warranty experience. Good one

I bought a Shimano Clarus 10' spinning rod for float fishing steelhead on boxing week sale. The rod broke in my first trip after a few hours fishing. The rod broke at the butt section. Broke rod at the butt section is not easy. I think it might have damage before I bought it.

I read the warranty claim form and have headache of shipping such a long rod. So I phoned the customer service. They told me Shimano has a 30 days replacement police. They will ship a new rod and hold half price in my credit card. Once I received the new rod, simply ship the broken one in the same package back. Shimano will fully refund the hold money and cover the shipment.

My clarus rod is a discontinued model. So I will get a latest clarus model in Feb:)

John Revolver

Re: Shimano rod warranty
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 01:39:28 PM »

I saw your video. Thats a bummer. At least you will get a replacement after you Jump through all the hoops

Dryfly22

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2018, 02:11:34 PM »

I just returned my Shimano Clarus rod (broken tip from Coho season, my fault) last week as well.  Took it back to where I bought it (Sea Run) and I paid the warranty fee of 20 bucks for a replacement.  I figured that I would have to wait for a new rod, but nope, they handed me a brand new one and I was on my way. Two thumbs up to that.  ;)

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2018, 06:20:33 PM »

Good on Shimano!

But did you get your float tube back?  ;D
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.