Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Simms Rant  (Read 32975 times)

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
Re: Simms Rant
« Reply #120 on: February 13, 2018, 01:04:54 PM »

decided to delete my last post to prevent derailment of topic.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 01:14:46 PM by blaydRnr »

Spawn Sack

• Old Timer
« Reply #121 on: February 13, 2018, 06:27:10 PM »

Update: have not received it in the mail yet, but I will be getting something in the mail from Simms that I feel fairly compensates me for my $ spent on mailing the jacket to Simms, my own time and $ I spent fixing the jacket, and my hassle in dealing with this matter.

I fixed the jacket myself. Seam ripped off all the crap Velcro that was falling apart and hand stitched on some new stuff. Quality stuff. Velcro brand from Home Depot. Also aquasealed then stitched the fabric covered magnets. Jacket is tip top now.

In conclusion yes I certainly could have been handled better by Simms USA. I hope word reached The Boss and some practices were changed and expectations were reinforced. Luckily for me uliwon the Simms rep caught wind of this and did his best to fairly compensate me for my lost time and $. He spent a fair bit of his own time corresponding with me and I feel did his best to bring this to a fair resolution. I am happy he intervened as I was getting nowhere with Simms USA.

Would I buy Simms again? Honestly I would consider Patagonia and others for high end waders and jackets. However if they fit like crap or just didn't feel right walking around the store, and the Simms fits great/comfortable, then yes I would consider Simms.

Simms was my go-to brand - a no brainer! After this experience I would still be reluctant to mail anything of to Simms USA for warranty. It would have to be a "big deal" (delamination, etc) and something I could not fix myself. In hindsight even though I "shouldn't have to," I wish I just fixed the Velcro and magnets myself in the 1st place.

Again, thanks to uliwon for getting involved and hooking me up with some decent looking gear.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #122 on: February 18, 2018, 10:48:17 PM »

Glad to see it being resolved. This type of discussion by mostly anonymous participants is pretty pointless IMO. I told Uliwon to get in touch with you here so it could be handled through the right channel. Cheers.

ShaunO

« Reply #123 on: February 19, 2018, 05:15:45 PM »

This type of discussion by mostly anonymous participants is pretty pointless IMO.

Nailed it!  Glad to see you share my sentiment.