Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Homeless Camp Torn down!  (Read 2876 times)

Wiseguy

• Old Timer
Homeless Camp Torn down!
« on: December 05, 2017, 06:06:56 PM »

R.C.M.P, Fire Dept, COs,City of Chilliwack and Griffen security converged on the homeless camp above the Vedder Crossing Bridge. The tents were torn down and all the garbage put in large plastic bags.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: Homeless Camp Torn down!
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 07:11:22 PM »

Getting reports of another on the Fraser by Minto channel.

obie1fish

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 08:15:44 PM »

Jk47

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 08:44:41 PM »

The shear mass of trash removed from this site was mind-boggling! Thank you to the efforts of those who gave their time to help clean up this mess (and for those who were paid by our tax dollars, as well  ;) ) Between helicopters and rcmp and security and clean up crew, I cannot imagine what this cost, but would wager upwards of $100,00 not to mention the price paid by local residents and fishermen being ripped off and broken into. Hope to not see this again next year.
Also it was a joy to finally meet you today, Mr Gadsden. I’ve read your posts for years with admiration and expected to eventually cross paths... next time hopefully in a quiet run with a fish on your/my hook  ;D cheers

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 10:11:34 PM »

The shear mass of trash removed from this site was mind-boggling! Thank you to the efforts of those who gave their time to help clean up this mess (and for those who were paid by our tax dollars, as well  ;) ) Between helicopters and rcmp and security and clean up crew, I cannot imagine what this cost, but would wager upwards of $100,00 not to mention the price paid by local residents and fishermen being ripped off and broken into. Hope to not see this again next year.
Also it was a joy to finally meet you today, Mr Gadsden. I’ve read your posts for years with admiration and expected to eventually cross paths... next time hopefully in a quiet run with a fish on your/my hook  ;D cheers
Enjoyed the chat too, what a lovely day to be out fishing.I have a number of pictures on my FB page and 2 video I filmed of the cleanup.. Will put the link up tomorrow as some people I know are not on FB. I think this is the correct Global news video from today. https://globalnews.ca/video/3901882/major-cleanup-of-homeless-camp-in-chilliwack
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 10:16:23 PM by chris gadsden »