Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chilliwack Steelhead conditions  (Read 131535 times)

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
Re: Chilliwack Steelhead conditions
« Reply #300 on: February 21, 2018, 12:30:06 PM »

As far as I am concerned, your posts are fine Dave. I just reviewed about 4 dozen over the course of the last year. You're as good as the rest of us nobodies! So ignore the 'wise guy'.  LOL

Interesting wiseguy. I just posted a condition update 2 days ago after my first trip out this season. I usually get out more often but was recovering from a surgery in early January.  Anyone who follows this forum knows I contribute when i can. As for u wiseguy u may want to consider changing your profile name. Heres an idea "LowIQ... zeroClass"
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

dave c

« Reply #301 on: February 21, 2018, 05:09:24 PM »

A big shout out to Ralph H. Tks buddy.  Did some exploring today mid river and found some beautiful fishy runs. A couple feet of visibility.  Water was prime.  Was tossing a pink and chartreuse jig tipped with prawn. Was fishing a seam about 100ft above 2 downed trees that extended into the flow. In about 6ft of water float buries and fish on. After a minute or 2 and a couple jumps the bullet Beelines toward the trees.  Yikes.  Tried with all my might to keep it out of the junk to no avail.  Sure enough it get hung up and eventually snap! Oh well that's fishing. Did some more exploring with no luck. About an hour later walked back to where I lost the fish only to see another angler with a fish on. Told him about my lost fish. As he gets it close to shore we try to determine if wild or not only to see a pink and chartreuse jig in the corner of its mouth.  What are the odds. What a suicidal fish. It's a hatchery doe about 12lbs. Just as he was about to tail it pop it comes off.  That Steelers lucky day. Tight lines all

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #302 on: February 21, 2018, 05:56:37 PM »

Be there early tomorrow to get your jig back  :)

Jk47

« Reply #303 on: February 21, 2018, 06:17:39 PM »

Awesome story, I’ll keep an eye out for your jig tomorrow

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #304 on: February 22, 2018, 11:09:05 AM »

Water looks nice today but the cold NE wind is blowing in the lower.

John Revolver

« Reply #305 on: February 22, 2018, 03:01:36 PM »

A big shout out to Ralph H. Tks buddy.  Did some exploring today mid river and found some beautiful fishy runs. A couple feet of visibility.  Water was prime.  Was tossing a pink and chartreuse jig tipped with prawn. Was fishing a seam about 100ft above 2 downed trees that extended into the flow. In about 6ft of water float buries and fish on. After a minute or 2 and a couple jumps the bullet Beelines toward the trees.  Yikes.  Tried with all my might to keep it out of the junk to no avail.  Sure enough it get hung up and eventually snap! Oh well that's fishing. Did some more exploring with no luck. About an hour later walked back to where I lost the fish only to see another angler with a fish on. Told him about my lost fish. As he gets it close to shore we try to determine if wild or not only to see a pink and chartreuse jig in the corner of its mouth.  What are the odds. What a suicidal fish. It's a hatchery doe about 12lbs. Just as he was about to tail it pop it comes off.  That Steelers lucky day. Tight lines all

ahah that is amazing and pretty typical. Steelhead are ruthless / stupid / ultra territorial and will bite at anything. This just proves it.    Its getting in front of one thats the challenge / what a great report lol   

Jk47

« Reply #306 on: February 22, 2018, 03:10:02 PM »

What a beautiful day on the water. Steelhead green or gin clear, depending on the water you’re looking at. A little too clear for my liking tho so when the wind picked up I hit the road .

Wiseguy

• Old Timer
« Reply #307 on: February 22, 2018, 09:19:46 PM »

The Wiseguy was way off off on his uneducated poke at Dave C. Apologies extended, thought he was making fun of other posters water conditions reports of which this season I have thrown up a few. Was misinformed on my part. My apologies. Have not been out of late.

dave c

« Reply #308 on: February 22, 2018, 11:37:13 PM »

The Wiseguy was way off off on his uneducated poke at Dave C. Apologies extended, thought he was making fun of other posters water conditions reports of which this season I have thrown up a few. Was misinformed on my part. My apologies. Have not been out of late.
Apology accepted. Tight lines.

iblly

• Old Timer
« Reply #309 on: February 23, 2018, 07:15:48 AM »

Interesting wiseguy. I just posted a condition update 2 days ago after my first trip out this season. I usually get out more often but was recovering from a surgery in early January.  Anyone who follows this forum knows I contribute when i can. As for u wiseguy u may want to consider changing your profile name. Heres an idea "LowIQ... zeroClass"
Dont feel bad I was called a dumb @##  for quoting something some else posted ? Sorry no report here, havent been out.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #310 on: February 23, 2018, 11:27:08 AM »

Heavy snow now falling in the Valley.

naka21

• Arie Nakagawa
« Reply #311 on: February 23, 2018, 08:10:07 PM »

ahah that is amazing and pretty typical. Steelhead are ruthless / stupid / ultra territorial and will bite at anything. This just proves it.    Its getting in front of one thats the challenge / what a great report lol

There will always be a few dumb ones that will bite worms and jigs, eventually these fish get educated and will not just bite anything....

Jk47

« Reply #312 on: February 24, 2018, 08:21:23 AM »

Got my shovelling done, heading out into the abyss... expecting very few anglers out for a Saturday. Tight lines

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #313 on: February 24, 2018, 08:38:28 AM »

Got my shovelling done, heading out into the abyss... expecting very few anglers out for a Saturday. Tight lines
Got my driveway done too, around a foot this AM.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #314 on: February 24, 2018, 08:44:18 AM »

Just finished shoveling the front of my house and back porch and 3 of my neighbours. My good deed for the day.