Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Gas Theft  (Read 7447 times)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: Gas Theft
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2018, 04:17:46 PM »

That boat launch has a bad reputation. For years there were low lifes that hung around there, watched you launch and head up the lake, then smash your windows out, take the address off your insurance papers, then proceed to clean out your house cause they knew you’d be gone for awhile. Always take your insurance papers with you...
Sorry to hear about your gas  >:(

Have your insurance company block out your address on your insurance papers.

TacoChris

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2018, 09:13:00 AM »

This type of gas theft is on the rise was reading in the Langley paper vehicles where hit on the road outside my townhouse complex even though it is fairly busy.

likely

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2018, 09:45:44 AM »

I'm a mechanic in maple ridge we have had 3 trucks towed in the last 2 weeks with same thing all from stave boat launch fords and dodges are easyiest to get at the tanks

arimaBOATER

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2018, 10:56:04 PM »

I'm a mechanic in maple ridge we have had 3 trucks towed in the last 2 weeks with same thing all from stave boat launch fords and dodges are easyiest to get at the tanks
RCMP should do a set up. Drive a Ford or Dodge pickup truck to the Stave boat launch & launch a boat.
Stick a hidden cam & wait. Fishing ...
Should not be too long to get their "fish".
Throw the book at the guy.
Other vehicles are getting the gas tanks drilled all over the LML.
Is it going to be like the Fentnol ? problem....now it's 10 being hit then will it be 100s to 1000s & 1000s.
Lawmakers better make some really tough punishments. ICBC paying out $700 & the owner $300.....
That $700 is coming from our premiums ...our $$$$. Again if this is not stopped our rates will raise $100 next year after this years already big increases. One vehicle of the two we own is 2001 4 cyl. & we are paying $1600 & that's after the 40% discount. Crazy.