Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What is a fishing tackle/equip design flaw that you would like to see improved?  (Read 10512 times)

cdjk123

Hi all,

This is something that has always intrigued me: tinkering and improving things. With all your years of knowledge and experience, what are some things about the fishing world that you would like to see improved?

Alternatively, what is a product that you would like to see on the market, but don't?

Jk47

How about DNE come up with a simple but bulletproof way to incorporate float stops into their bobbers so I can quit carrying around these dam toothpicks

halcyonguitars

• Old Timer

How about fish seeking terminal tackle?

cammer

• I'm a llama!

On breathable waders, neoprene that doesn't leak after 7 days, also way more abrasion resistance legs and crotch seams

mikeyman

Fishing line spool new with abrasion.
Good lures with crappy hooks.
A fishing rod with the porcelaine falling out of an eyelit.
Leaking waders
Dead worms in a new pack
A float that wont go under.

A product i would like to see more available...invisable fishing weights.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 04:40:50 PM by mikeyman »

Jk47

MetalAndFeathers

High vis floating mono that doesnt cost 40-50$ per 150 yds
I know how to catch fish.......Sometimes.

bigsnag

• Old Timer

On breathable waders, neoprene that doesn't leak after 7 days........
????
It ain't the roe bro'

Every Day

• Old Timer

How about DNE come up with a simple but bulletproof way to incorporate float stops into their bobbers so I can quit carrying around these dam toothpicks

Try top shelf floats. Pricey, but they have that exact thing. I've been using them lately, and really like them!

On breathable waders, neoprene that doesn't leak after 7 days, also way more abrasion resistance legs and crotch seams

2 mm neoprene wading socks slid over your feet before your boots go on will fix that forever.

High vis floating mono that doesnt cost 40-50$ per 150 yds

Have you tried Raven line? I've had great success with it. Floats high, is strong, fairly abrasion resistant, comes in a bunch of colours, and is very thin for its lb rating! It's inexpensive too!

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season

Guides that don't freeze over.

Stratocaster

• Old Timer

They could build bulletproof waders but they won't because they wouldn't be selling as many waders when people need to replace them.  Kind of like household appliances.

Stratocaster

• Old Timer

A High End 4 piece 10'6 baitcasting rod.

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer

Good lures with crappy hooks.

This is pretty much the only problem I have with Gibbs lures.

DanL

• Old Timer

They could build bulletproof waders but they won't because they wouldn't be selling as many waders when people need to replace them. 

I suspect the reason is more that it would be far more expensive and would compromise greatly on the usability (ie weight, stiffness, breathability, etc). Planned obsolescence probably doesn't even factor into it as if one company made a significantly more durable wader at a competitive price, it would be a huge selling point over all other companies. Someone out there would do it if they could.

A High End 4 piece 10'6 baitcasting rod.

I like this idea. Or even a 3 piece would be nice. You see multi-piece fly rods all the time. Do it as a line of blanks for custom builders, and I'd buy it.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer