Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Teskey Rock Camp.  (Read 8933 times)

Jk47

Re: Teskey Rock Camp.
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2017, 07:12:13 AM »

Too little too late is right. Scum bags  >:(

GordJ

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2017, 09:05:06 AM »

I sure hope that they don’t move near my neighbourhood. I would rather have them out there. Just saying.

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2017, 09:41:01 AM »

I sure hope that they don’t move near my neighbourhood. I would rather have them out there. Just saying.
And that, I believe, is why they have not been evicted earlier.  The city and all others concerned have been told about this problem for months but the problem is always, where will they go from there?
The Teskey camp was visible to only the Promontory people until the leaves recently came off, then social media took over.
Don't get me wrong, I'm glad their going, but others most likely will be back.

James

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2017, 10:42:44 AM »

I think it is a problem that they are stealing and polluting the river system.

I don’t care so much about them living or camping on the river.

RCMP should be concerned with the amount of stolen property and safety of those who they stole it from. 

If there was no theft and pollution involved, most of the public would not care. 

bigblockfox

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2017, 11:05:28 AM »

there was another camp down by the power lines in mid september when i was there.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2017, 12:02:42 PM »

homeless people camping on rivers and streams has become a common occurrence in the Fraser Valley. Maybe there is an affordable housing problem? Do you think?
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

avid angler

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2017, 12:07:33 PM »

homeless people camping on rivers and streams has become a common occurrence in the Fraser Valley. Maybe there is an affordable housing problem? Do you think?
The drug problem out here is far worse then the affordable housing problem. When you spend all your money on drugs it doesn’t matter if rent is 10 dollars a month. It’s still not getting paid

Shinny

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2017, 03:50:08 PM »

The drug problem out here is far worse then the affordable housing problem. When you spend all your money on drugs it doesn’t matter if rent is 10 dollars a month. It’s still not getting paid

Speaks the truth...

city of vancouver has built about 4 buildings downtown in prime areas and it’s all social housing. Homeless are given a room and set off in the right path to recovery and getting work. It’s a disaster, the buildings are all destroyed and they are barely two years old. Drug dealers have moved in and are selling and Living there. I used to service to HVAC there but won’t go back. The stuff I’ve seen..incredible... one day a guy went insane and was chopping down doors with an axe on one of the floors...

Build the social housing you want and it’s not going to make a difference in the drug problem. Lots of homeless choose to be homeless because shelters don’t allow dogs and they don’t allow a half dozen shopping carts full of the crap they tote around, also you can’t openly use drugs in the shelter. So keeping your stuff and being able to use drugs whenever you want is a considering factor why these homeless camps are so busy.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2017, 04:59:24 PM »

Yes how our society manages drug use is a big problem. However not everyone who is homeless has a substance abuse problem. Not everyone with a substance abuse problem supports it via theft or similar illegal activities. Friend of mine who had a breakdown was homeless for a few months as a result. Most people who go into social housing or shelters do not end up back on the street. That's a fact!

Looking at these issues via cliches & labeling won't provide much of a solution either. 
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Shinny

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2017, 05:21:26 PM »

Your right, not all homeless are drug users and vicer versa. There is a small percentage of people that have mental health issues, and aren’t addicted to drugs i suppose. Some have mental health issues from the drugs.

Let’s no kid ourselves though. When you see a homeless camp with multiple bikes they aren’t avid cyclists, when you see a pile of  lawn maitenance stuff lawnmowers and rakes lying around they aren’t gardeners. This is all stolen items scoured from around the neighbourhood stolen to ultimately sell to have money for drugs.

I’m going to go out on a lim and assume your friend who was homeless from a breakdown didn’t surround himself in stolen property that was to be sold for drug money. Two different types of homeless, this is typically the homeless you don’t see.They are living in cars or discretely away from the judging eyes of the public. The testky camp is probably responsible for some of the car break ins...

Your right most people who go into social housing don’t go back on the street. They just stay in social housing moving from municipality to municipality. Why would they go back on the street... it’s cold and hard. Much easier to work the system who you and I pay for through tax’s. Work harder someone else doesn’t have too  ::)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 05:46:09 PM by Shinny »

Shinny

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2017, 05:22:36 PM »

« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 05:24:36 PM by Shinny »

Shinny

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2017, 05:23:45 PM »

redtide

• Old Timer
  • catch anything?
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2017, 05:40:40 PM »

>:(.....this mayor needs to get her act together and get rcmp on these criminal camps...its rcmp job to  combat theft. the more pressure RCMP put on these indivituals the less time they will have to organize these camps on a "regular" basis around here. constant harrassment is the key. Ive walked by the camp over a dozen times....garbage everywhere...absolute """"hole. Hopefully the next enforcement will be a full teardown.

dobrolub

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2017, 07:37:44 PM »

They surely are only a symptom, not the issue.