Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Its Duck Hunting Time  (Read 6474 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Its Duck Hunting Time
« on: November 06, 2017, 06:12:27 PM »

I made my first trip out today, thought I would take 4 but decided to stop at 2 as 4 is too many to pick. :D Gone are the days when I would try to take a limit.

The birds are feeding at night under a full moon as the hens were full of corn. I got them at first light. Was good to me out on the marsh again.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: Its Duck Hunting Time
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 06:21:18 PM »

Put one one the BBQ last night, never had one taste so good, why I had not tried one before is beyond
 me.

ninez

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 07:13:33 PM »

Sounds delicious.
When's the next BBQ?

stsfisher

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 05:57:21 AM »

Put one one the BBQ last night, never had one taste so good, why I had not tried one before is beyond
 me.

Everything tastes better after standing in the rain on the side of the road picking up trash.  ;)
 Did you run out of river to clean Chris? Nice work and thank you.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2017, 03:20:34 AM »

Get some exercise too, some plucks, always good to keep in shape for the badminton

. A good week of a fresh run chum,mallards, and filming the occupation of fish farms at the court house in Vancouver and a meeting on the new Wild Salmon policy. Found out FOC at this meeting is so pro fish farms. I guess all FOC employees past and present, SS along with Dave continue to back them.  :P

I am up early trying to catch up on my FB pages so I can either go fishing or hunting. ;D ;D

booters

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2017, 06:40:04 AM »

Very envious but good for you. I reminisce about my bird hunting days growing uopin Calgary circa 60s
Ducks geese huns all within 30 min travel. However longed to go back for thefinal hunt but times have changed, ie rules regs, tresspassing. I dont wish to try and locate land owner for permission and dont want to go on fenced land or whatever or my day will surely be ruined.
Good times then, miss them

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2017, 08:03:20 AM »

Found out FOC at this meeting is so pro fish farms.

You'll find most of the world is in favor of fish farms Chris.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2017, 06:10:57 PM »

You'll find most of the world is in favor of fish farms Chris.
Meaning they donot care about the wild fish and the environment? By the amount of trash people throw out on our streets and elsewhere that is a fair comment.

Just look at parking areas, park and ride etc. coffee cups everywhere, so sad. Maybe they know you and I will pick up after them. I think I will see how many I can pickup this week.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2018, 02:33:13 PM »

Meaning they donot care about the wild fish and the environment? By the amount of trash people throw out on our streets and elsewhere that is a fair comment.

Just look at parking areas, park and ride etc. coffee cups everywhere, so sad. Maybe they know you and I will pick up after them. I think I will see how many I can pickup this week.
A bit off topic but got 1,000 cups in 5 days spending about thirty minutes a day getting them

Back on topic. Duck hunting has been great the last while with the cold and snowy weather with some nice Northern birds too. Got a banded one this week too. Actually double banded as I found out it is part of a migratory  bird study.

ryanszeredi

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2018, 09:12:08 PM »

Done for the season ? Always been interested in duck hunting

ninez

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2018, 08:52:01 AM »

Duck hunting opens from Oct 7th, 2017-Jan 19, 2018, for region 2, I believe.