Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Alaska Sockeye Salmon could be decimated by... believe it or not an EPA decision  (Read 3263 times)

bobby b

Riverman

• old fart

Disgusting.
Riverman

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
  • Any River... Any Time....

Unbelievable!  >:(

"You guys better stay the ‘Environmental Protection Agency’ and not ‘empty promises to America'."

http://kdlg.org/post/pebble-opponents-hammer-epa-changed-course-dillingham-meeting#stream/0

Sadly,
Nog

roeman

I recently drove mine workers from Red Chris mine near iskut bc to the Dease lake airport for 2 weeks.  The native reserve in Iskut tried to stop the mine from operating in the beginning and now every FN is Iskut that is able to work, works in the mine.  It is an impossible situation for FN up there.  Live with little to no money or bend over.  First time I have ever seen a mine in action..  The devastation of the land was is believable to see.  The constant noise from huge trucks and rock crushers, 24 hours a day 365 days a year...
The worst thing I have ever seen.....
Don't understand the constant desire for companies to destroy what little is left untouched by progress.
Are you fishin or catchin

GordJ

Watch the movie “Koneline: Our land beautiful” about the Red Chris issue. A really beautiful movie that brings up a lot of questions.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 06:12:36 AM by GordJ »