Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2017 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 149874 times)

Blackrt03

Thanks Chris

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !

I did not have many success salmon fly fishing until I saw bigsnag's photo. I know these flies but did not believe they work. But now I had a full box of them. Some of them have a little bucktail to color up.

Some of the bigger bucktail flies are like the usual bucktail streamers for salt water. I guess need to size down for frog water coho?

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Water still good, no rain overnight. Still some fresh run Chum Salmon around if you want some for the smoker. They are very good and I think they were under rated by some.

I know Rodney's dad enjoys them and so do we. ;D ;D

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !

Thanks bigsnag for the tips on coho flies. I added these to my fly box at the top right. Now if only there are still ho's around to try them out. Perhaps I can try them on steelheads. Ah, it is about time for a steelhead thread. Lol

« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 01:35:37 AM by Steelhawk »

bigsnag

• Old Timer

Water still good, no rain overnight. Still some fresh run Chum Salmon around if you want some for the smoker. They are very good and I think they were under rated by some.

I know Rodney's dad enjoys them and so do we. ;D ;D
Thanks Chris, what r u doing up at 3 AM anyway?
Rodney's dad is Chinese so he will eat anyhting ;D ;D ;D.  All kidding aside I love chums too but smoke candied only.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 10:57:28 PM by bigsnag »
It ain't the roe bro'

bigsnag

• Old Timer

I added these to my fly box at the bottom right....
Can't see them.

Some of the bigger bucktail flies are like the usual bucktail streamers for salt water. I guess need to size down for frog water coho?
Yes you are right, but those bucktails are great for swinging in the canal early in the season or when the water color up, my 2 cents.
It ain't the roe bro'

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Thanks Chris, what r u doing up at 3 AM anyway?
Rodney's dad is Chinese so he will eat anyhting ;D ;D ;D.  All kidding aside I love chums too but smoke candied only.
Well it is all the emails and video to deal with including  uploading them from the Wild Salmon Caravan, fish farmcourt injunction to name a few. Too many FB pages too.

Then add in the FVSS tackle sale, Occupy Fish Farm Benefit concert and a planning meeting today and a week Monday with several levels of government re last years gravel extraction on the Vedder that we have tried to meet with them for a year now. They cancelled out 5 or 6 times, hoping we would go away. ::)

Nothing a nap does not cure. ;D ;D If I did not get going earlier no time to fish and hunt. Also keeping FA, Dave,SS fisherbob and others on their toes is a priority. :-\

Back on topic water still good as the forecast rains have yet to come, fresh chum to be had for you and Rod's dad.

Going to make a cast or 2 before church soon. :D

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer

and a planning meeting today and a week Monday with several levels of government re last years gravel extraction on the Vedder that we have tried to meet with them for a year now. They cancelled out 5 or 6 times, hoping we would go away. ::)

If you do get that meeting with them can you ask them how come they do it most when gravel prices are high and don't do it in years when its low. Fraser river flood protection hahahahahahah

clarki

• Old Timer

For example, which year did that not mine river gravel due to low prices?

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry

who is going to tender for a contract when the payment doesn't meet the cost of performance?
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

If you do get that meeting with them can you ask them how come they do it most when gravel prices are high and don't do it in years when its low. Fraser river flood protection hahahahahahah
We have asked to tape the meeting but they are not excited about that, we would like all that are interested to be able to see it all first hand.We had a pre meeting meeting today for 3 hours, we have a good presentation set to go.

Went out for a few casts this morning but nothing, a chap I know got 2 chum with sea lice on them so still fresh ones coming in. Raining hard now but cool, tomorroe? May go duck hunting instead.

nevertoolate

I am curious why the Vedder Graph hasnt gone through the roof with all this rain.  it is sitting at around 1.84

milo

• Old Timer

I am curious why the Vedder Graph hasnt gone through the roof with all this rain.  it is sitting at around 1.84

Well, it went up a foot and a half in one day. How much more would you want?
The rain has been steady, so the soil is managing to absorb lots of it.

FishOn

• This sure beats workin!

A lot of it is falling as snow at higher elevations. River will jump up over next few days when the pineapple express moves thru.

FishOn

• This sure beats workin!

2.75 now and still climbing!