Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: BC Photo Contest  (Read 2709 times)

HCTF

BC Photo Contest
« on: August 16, 2017, 01:38:56 PM »

The Habitat Conservation Trust Foundation's 2017 photo contest is now open. We’re looking for spectacular images of BC’s fish, wildlife and habitats, specifically:

-Wildlife (species native to BC, excluding marine mammals and those in captivity)
-Freshwater fish (species native to BC)
-BC Landscape photos of freshwater fish and wildlife habitats, including lakes, rivers, wetlands, forests, and grasslands.
-People engaged in activities that connect them to nature in BC.

This year's prizes are a $500 VISA gift card for the first place winner, and two runner-up prizes of a $250 VISA gift card.

For full contest rules and instructions on how to enter, please visit http://www.hctf.ca/communications/photo-contest

Entry deadline is 4:30PM PST on September 30th, 2017.

The Habitat Conservation Trust Foundation (HCTF) provides money for fish, wildlife and habitat conservation projects. Funding for these projects primarily comes from conservation surcharges on angling, hunting, trapping and guide outfitting licences sold in BC.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 01:48:47 PM by HCTF »

Ambassador

Re: BC Photo Contest
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 09:00:05 AM »

Cool contest and some incredible winning photos from previous years. I know exactly where those Bighorns were shot - cant believe he got so close to them. I've tried to ninja up on them a few times but they were on to me a km away. Probably need to set up a blind and spend the day there until they come to you.

Wish there was a category for "lenses under 200mm only" - feels like this contest is pretty much only for pros with mega-long telephoto lenses. 

There was a shot on this site a while back by Aquaholic of three owls looking out of a hole in a tree. That was an unreal shot and would be in the running for sure (but is now lost here due to Photosucket lameness).
"Perhaps fishing is, for me, only an excuse to be near rivers"
Roderick Haig-Brown

HCTF

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2017, 12:00:36 PM »

Hi Ambassador - thanks for your feedback. We have indeed received some fantastic entries in our previous two photo contests. Though not part of this year's competition, we may look into creating an "Amateur" category for future contests. We have received (and featured) some incredible photos by amateur photographers, and these images help us promote conservation in BC.

HCTF

10 Days Left to Enter
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2017, 08:58:30 AM »

Just a reminder that our 2017 photo contest closes at 4:30pm on September 30th, 2017. Thanks to everyone who's entered - we love seeing your photos of fish, wildlife, and habitats in BC!

Walleye76

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2017, 01:51:46 PM »

Would live to enter but site keeps telling me my email addresses are  not valid.....

HCTF

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2017, 02:14:25 PM »

Hi Walleye76 - sorry for the trouble! We had an unexpected server outage this morning for about an hour. Everything seems to be up and running again. Please let me know if you continue to have difficulties and we'll find a way to resolve them.

Walleye76

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2017, 06:11:15 PM »

Still same, it tells me I need to use a valid email address, I tried my personal, work and my gfs and all say invalid address

HCTF

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2017, 08:06:44 PM »

I'm sorry to hear the form still isn't working for you. When you have a moment, would you please contact me at shannon.west@hctf.ca? We can troubleshoot this further and make sure to get your photos entered into the contest.

Walleye76

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2017, 07:27:31 PM »

No worries it's working today