Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Peacemakers  (Read 3970 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Peacemakers
« on: June 09, 2017, 11:09:21 AM »

Apennock

Re: Peacemakers
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 11:55:23 AM »

It's a little disheartening to think that this much effort and publicity is necessary to keep people from acting like a*holes in the river. 

fisherforever

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2017, 12:29:46 PM »

Just remember that if First Nations are having a commercial opening (they are making money) you DON'T have to move.

Silver

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2017, 11:00:12 PM »

Just remember that if First Nations are having a commercial opening (they are making money) you DON'T have to move.

And never allow someone to merge in front of you in traffic...ever! It's a sign of weakness.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2017, 12:28:15 AM »

And never allow someone to merge in front of you in traffic...ever! It's a sign of weakness.

Haha....

Apennock

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2017, 08:10:09 AM »

It's a little disheartening to think that this much effort and publicity is necessary to keep people from acting like a*holes in the river.

Then again....

Maybe we do need reminders. 

Blood_Orange

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2017, 04:52:42 PM »

If someone's making money, I make a point to never move out of their way.

Drives my coworkers crazy.

GordJ

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2017, 09:56:34 PM »

Don't you mean that they are earning a living and you are out playing around? Only a real jerk thinks that his recreation is more important than someone feeding his family. I hope you don't have that attitude when coming through my work zone because it won't be me that's moving.

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2017, 08:52:52 AM »

Try that mentality with the tugs when they pull a log boom past you and need to move over to stay in the slot. Smile as you go under!

doja

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2017, 10:17:46 AM »

This thread reminds me of the guy who was upset that the tug guys were yelling at him to move and he thought he had the right of way.... Not so as per the law... Also not a well known law or is it a wise idea to stay put, lol

I was always told "might has right" from the guys that work down there on the water and it's a simple to remember and applies quite well.

Silvers response was prime!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 10:28:00 AM by doja »

Burbot

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2017, 01:22:47 PM »

Don't you mean that they are earning a living and you are out playing around? Only a real jerk thinks that his recreation is more important than someone feeding his family. I hope you don't have that attitude when coming through my work zone because it won't be me that's moving.

Cuck!