Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 10 day trip heading north from Tofino  (Read 1682 times)

fishseeker29

10 day trip heading north from Tofino
« on: May 20, 2017, 10:24:54 PM »

Hi Everyone, hoping to get some thoughts on how best to spend a 10 day trip leaving Tofino in the 2nd week of July. The agenda is completely open and the main goal is fishing - we're likely going to head North though, not South. We're in a 30ft Whaler with enclosed cabin and rigged to fish and we're all very experienced northwest boaters. So...this is a bit of a dream trip so wondering if anyone has any advice or tips? I have fished my whole life Bamfield south to Victoria but never been north so would love to hear any advice, tips on where to spend more time and where to blow by. Cheers!

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
Re: 10 day trip heading north from Tofino
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 01:59:49 PM »

Hi Everyone, hoping to get some thoughts on how best to spend a 10 day trip leaving Tofino in the 2nd week of July. The agenda is completely open and the main goal is fishing - we're likely going to head North though, not South. We're in a 30ft Whaler with enclosed cabin and rigged to fish and we're all very experienced northwest boaters. So...this is a bit of a dream trip so wondering if anyone has any advice or tips? I have fished my whole life Bamfield south to Victoria but never been north so would love to hear any advice, tips on where to spend more time and where to blow by. Cheers!

The best place to ask this would probably be on http://www.sportfishingbc.com/forum/index.php?forums/saltwater-fishing-forum.30/  This seems to get the most traffic for WCVI salt water fishing.

fishseeker29

Re: 10 day trip heading north from Tofino
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 03:34:47 PM »

Great, thanks. I'll drop the question there as well.