Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Video: Steelhead smolt release, hatchery volunteers needed  (Read 5281 times)

Dave

• Old Timer
Re: Video: Steelhead smolt release, hatchery volunteers needed
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2017, 10:23:20 PM »

On a side not, many times I've found myself wishing there was a 'like' option on this site (like Facebook) so we could show support for each other's posts without necessarily commenting.

Rod, are you reading this ;)

96XJ

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2017, 10:28:48 PM »

I see nothing wrong with reminding fellow anglers with that the local hatchery is mostly run by volunteers , sometimes people need a reminder

jk47 keep up the good work

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2017, 08:46:15 AM »

That's not what I said.

IMO hectoring people includes remarks such as I have marked in bold.
I must say I'm kinda surprised and disappointed at the lack of interest in this thread. Almost 300 people viewed this post, not one response! Everyone wants to go catch fish and people will chat all day long about methods, strategies, and bait... or bitch about the lack of fish or the commercial openings and sport closures.. But, give people an opportunity to help put some fish back into the system and get involved and everyone clams up like Geoducks on a low tide!! Everyone wants to ask, " what did you catch that on?" Or "What river is that on?" But no one says, "I'd be interested in helping for a couple hours on Saturday..." Sad 😩
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Jk47

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2017, 04:21:00 PM »

I Made myself chuckle with "Clams up like Geoducks on a low tide"  ;D feel free to use that one! Didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings, Ralph.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2017, 06:19:01 PM »

My feelings weren't hurt and I'd guess nobody else's either.

But hey you were the person who complained about the lack of response. Good luck with that and your budding career as a comedian! ::)
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Jk47

« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2017, 07:15:37 PM »

Thread went from under 300 views over a couple weeks to over 700  practically overnight - so ya, mission accomplished! As far as hectoring the innocent browsers, your advice will not go unheeded...I will try to choose my words more carefully in the future. In all fairness, I may have had piss in my cornflakes to begin with that morning and when I checked the site I was bummed to (still, after a couple weeks) see no interest and my thread descending down unnoticed through the ranks and into the abyss. I admit I was angry and I was  lashing out. I'm sorry. There. I said it. Can we be friends now?

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2017, 08:28:39 PM »

:)