Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fishing Golden, BC  (Read 6858 times)

Apennock

Fishing Golden, BC
« on: March 27, 2017, 08:58:19 PM »

Just found out I'll be heading to Golden over the September long weekend for a stag.  It seems like there ought to be a chance to hit the water while I'm there.  Won't have a boat or anything like that.

From what I've been able to find the fishing up there seems pretty awful but I was wondering if anyone here had had any luck around that area?  Not looking to catch any trophies just kill a morning or two.  Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Jk47

Re: Fishing Golden, BC
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 09:14:07 PM »

About 5-10 Kms west of Golden there's a river you pass on your left. Not sure if this is the bottom end of the kicking horse river or another one but a buddy that used to live there told me he used to get monster trout outta there, you could try that. Otherwise I know the kicking horse runs right thru town, should be some fish in there somewhere - good luck!

Ambassador

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 10:47:44 AM »

About 5-10 Kms west of Golden there's a river you pass on your left. Not sure if this is the bottom end of the kicking horse river or another one but a buddy that used to live there told me he used to get monster trout outta there, you could try that. Otherwise I know the kicking horse runs right thru town, should be some fish in there somewhere - good luck!
That is the Blaeberry river. Used to fish there as a kid with my dad. The pool under the highway bridge was a great place to throw a line in.
"Perhaps fishing is, for me, only an excuse to be near rivers"
Roderick Haig-Brown

Jk47

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2017, 04:02:39 PM »

Right. Blaeberry. Right on, try it out! Let us know, a spot right off the side of the Trans Canada hwy is always good to have in the memory banks while traveling!

clarki

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2017, 04:36:55 PM »

I have never fished the area (so first hand knowledge would usurp my comments :D) but my inclination would be to cast spoons for bull trout at the confluence of rivers/streams (Kicking Horse, Blaeberry...) and the Columbia   
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 05:25:07 PM by clarki »

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2017, 04:58:52 PM »

The Kicking Horse is one of the murkiest and roughest rivers I've ever seen.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.