Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vintage Buzz Bomb instructional document - Lets see some cool old designs!  (Read 6284 times)

Ambassador

Found this cool Buzz Bomb instructional document from back in the day in an old fishing box. Love these things from the beach for Pinks.

Lets see some more cool vintage fishing documents, designs, logos, etc!

"Perhaps fishing is, for me, only an excuse to be near rivers"
Roderick Haig-Brown

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer

Thanks for sharing my try some this year when i go for some bait.

Easywater

• Old Timer

I always thought that Buzzbombs "wobbled" in the water rather than rotated.
The way that I fish them is the cast and retrieve method - deadly for pinks when the conditions are right.

However, the mooching method (straight down) would certainly make it spin.
Saw a kid in a kayak hammering pinks near the bottom by mooching with a Buzzbomb near Squamish.

redtide

• Old Timer
  • catch anything?

used 3" pink pearl and perch colors casting from shore and boat. Rockfish, lingcod, coho and springs.... they seeemed to prefer those colors. Never used in freshwater but apparently they catch fish according to the testimonials in the instruction document it came with. but the paint seemed to chip very easily after a few outings....

halcyonguitars

• Old Timer

Neat!

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry

the pamphlet is for the original buzz bomb which was designed as a jigging lure. When I was about 12 or 13 I was convinced by the advertising and the plugs on the Ted Peck Sunday night radio program that it was a miracle lure. It was expensive but I bought a couple but never caught anything,  mostly I think, because of where I used it and how. I also found the cheap metal alloy used broke easily and yes the paint chips. After it had been on the market a few years it was modified so it would catch fish if retrieved but I am not sure what they did to the design.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Long_Cast

• Fish Smart

Charlie White's How to Catch Salmon has excellent instructions on how to use a Buzz Bomb, which also works for the Zzinger lure.

Personally, I prefer the Zzinger lure. It looks more like a fish and it catches more fish than the outdated Buzz Bomb.

Britguy

• Old Timer

I friend of mine (retired fishing guide form the Sunshine coast) fished the buzz bomb with awesome success
he would use them when we were out in his boat fishing the salt water, he hooked many a nice size ling cod and other species.

I have had great success too using them from shore fishing for Salmon, Coho love them and Pinks go crazy for them both in the salt water and in the river.

bigsnag

• Old Timer

................. fished the buzz bomb with awesome success
he would use them when we were out in his boat fishing the salt water, he hooked many a nice size ling cod and other species.

I have had great success too using them from shore fishing for Salmon, Coho love them and Pinks go crazy for them both in the salt water and in the river.
X2
Those who use it as a jigging lure will not catch many fish.  Lift slowly about 2-3 ft and let it drop on a slack line is all there is to it action wise.  If one cast it onto rocks constantly it might break but not easily.  The lure still works even if all the paint is chipped.  Never use it in fresh water but Doug(Rex's son)claimed to have caught steelies on them on the island rivers.
It ain't the roe bro'

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry

X2
Those who use it as a jigging lure will not catch many fish.  Lift slowly about 2-3 ft and let it drop on a slack line is all there is to it action wise. 

that's a jigging action is it not?
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

santefe

I have a picture of some old catalogues.
But for the like of me I can't figure how to post a picture of them.
Is there an easy way to do it.
I clicked and dragged the photo but all I get is some numbers when I do it.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry

your photo has to be accessible as a jpeg on a website.

Once it's there select the insert photo icon on the post reply page;

paste the address of the website photo into the reply box

select it then click the insert photo icon

You will get something that looks like:

[img ]http://mywebsite/myphoto.jpeg[/img ]

but with no spaces in the square brackets

select the preview button on the lower right. If you can see the photo you are good to go so press "post" just to the left of the Preview button.

example:

from the code

[img ]http://buzzbombzzinger.com/images/zzinger/blue_pearl_small.jpg[/img ] (again no spaces within the square brackets)

I hope that helps.

Easywater

• Old Timer

The picture has to exist somewhere on the Internet - most people use sites like Photobucket.com.

You then paste the link to the picture in the post here.

santefe

/Users/BarryBradley/Desktop/Tackle.JPG
This may take a while or a grandson to figure out.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry

looks like it is on your hard drive. You need to set up an account on Photobucket or such like and upload it there then post the web URL address via the image icon