Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: comparison of angling in Scotland  (Read 2748 times)

Sandy

• Old Timer
comparison of angling in Scotland
« on: July 26, 2004, 09:48:26 PM »

Some of you folks may be intrested in checking out this web site Mid Nithsdale Angling Assoc(search), It's on the River Nith in the South west of Scotland. I was looking up some info for my trip there in Sept. When living in Nithdale I took the fishing for granted, As some of us now do in B.C. If you take a look at what it costs (150.00)to fish for a couple of days on a mile or two of river and check out the recorded returns of fish kept.Paying what we do here in B.C. is a small sum to pay.what will be prohibative is the loss of this resource due to overfishing(both sport and commercial),loss of viable habitat,and agri/mining/forestry polution . those are all factors in the state of european waters. because all intrested factions are divided an not able or willing to speak with a united voice.The term divide and conquor comes to mind.any thoughts ?(apart from my poor writing skills)
(sorry www.rivernithfishings.co.uk)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2004, 10:15:34 PM by Sandy »
finding your limits is fun, it can also be VERY painful.

If you care about Canada's future, get involved by holding your MLA's & MP's accountable!! don't just be sheep!!