Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: .Vedder River Jan 30th 2017  (Read 4726 times)

DRP79

.Vedder River Jan 30th 2017
« on: January 30, 2017, 06:31:14 PM »

Took a vacation day today due to an annual fire inspection in the condo. Someone had to be home so I took a day and was off to the river at 9:30 once the inspection was done.

Got to mid river just before 10:30 to see the river hadnt changed since Saturday. It was still quite low and clear and a beautiful morning with not many people in sight. Fished my way down as far as I wanted and was back at the car 3 hours later without a bite. Only saw 3 others the whole time, it was great despite the lack of action.

Headed lower down and fished about 3 more hours with the same success. I was tossing spoons today and really tried to cover a lot of water. I never consider a day out a waste whether I catch something or not but good god, I could use a steelhead. I forget what the tug feels like. I didnt get one all last season despite 13 trips out allbeit that some were short trips. Today was trip 6 of this season and still nothing.

I could use a big, fat slump buster but I still love to get out and will continue to do so.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 06:33:58 PM by DRP79 »

Dave

• Old Timer
Re: .Vedder River Jan 30th 2017
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 09:39:33 PM »

Still wearing the Habs hat?  Go to a 'Nuks lid and you will catch a fish ;)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 10:01:59 PM »

Still wearing the Habs hat?  Go to a 'Nuks lid and you will catch a fish ;)
That is why I have not had much success as of late by not wearing my Leaf hat, on it goes tomorrow, thanks Dave. ;D ;D

DRP79

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2017, 05:56:03 AM »

Now that you mention it Dave, my dry spell started about the time I switched to a GLoomis hat. Maybe i need to dust off the habs hat and try that out.