Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fishing Buddy?  (Read 3700 times)

joshuag232

Fishing Buddy?
« on: January 18, 2017, 06:37:43 PM »

Anybody want to meet up from the forum and do some fishing sometime? I'm not currently with vehicle but I can transit to most places. Go alone a lot... gets lonely sometimes. Can teach you how to herring fish or we could hit up a local pier. Also willing to pitch on gas... if anyone can get my kayak and yours out will also throw some money!! The sole fishing this year should be pretty good off the Ferrys there.

Damien

• Old Timer
Re: Fishing Buddy?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 08:48:12 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJDg2g1COyc

Sorry, had to.

But wasn't there another guy that just posted on here recently looking for someone to fish with? 

joshuag232

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2017, 10:33:57 PM »

Lmao Damien  ;D

TimL

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2017, 10:08:10 AM »

Check your inbox 😛. U gotta get a kayaking buddy though cuz I don't have a kayak.

joshuag232

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2017, 06:49:28 AM »

Thanks Tim. It's a good investment man start a kayak jar. The sole fishing is unreal off the ferry terminal. Even in close... when the Hornby Island Ferry isn't in... the channel right up to the terminal is loaded with English Sole and big Starries!

joshuag232

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2017, 06:54:18 AM »

Random Question: Do any of the old timers remember that Nigel gentleman who used to run the fishing in Japan subforum? What ever happened to that? That was really interesting. Didn't see a point in starting a new thread. Tight Lines.

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2017, 09:57:43 AM »

Watch you local costco and check craigs often.  They come up from time to time but the good deals go quickly.

I got a Pelican fishing kayak with built in rod holders at my local Costco for $299.  Came with roof top carrier, tie downs and paddle  The costco.ca online price was $499.

TimL

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2017, 12:44:36 PM »

Yeah I was thinking bout it but for me the issue is storage space ...I will start saving up for one though. We used to have a small zodiac oufitted with a small electric motor some years back (it's sold off now). We used to launch it off the beach at Belcarra, drop off our crab traps in the middle of the bay for a few hours and go bottom fishing for flatfish and greenling in various spots along the shoreline. Back then the crabbing and fishing were pretty decent ( this was when the price of dungeness crab was around $5/lb lol) and we often came back with a haul..missed those days.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 12:47:58 PM by TimL »

scouterjames

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2017, 04:12:45 PM »

Anybody want to meet up from the forum and do some fishing sometime? I'm not currently with vehicle but I can transit to most places. Go alone a lot... gets lonely sometimes. Can teach you how to herring fish or we could hit up a local pier. Also willing to pitch on gas... if anyone can get my kayak and yours out will also throw some money!! The sole fishing this year should be pretty good off the Ferrys there.

Sent you a PM
:-\ Tell me, and I might forget;
  :) Show me, and I might remember;
    ;D INVOLVE ME, and I'll learn.

mko72

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2017, 01:46:38 PM »

Do you ever fish for salmon from your kayak?  I've got one. Never use it.  I took my pontoon boat in the salt once and brought a small coho to hand.  So I guess I'm saying that I might be able to arrange for transpo for 2 kayaks.