Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Incident at Grassy Bar  (Read 8696 times)

Jimmy

Re:Incident at Grassy Bar
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2004, 11:18:35 PM »

The guy was putting the net in a fell ove his boat. he got pulled in and then pushed himself out again. Then about 100 feet down there as 3 of us pulling him out. as we got him out 2 other native boats cam and got him.

The jet boat was when he was there the fisrt time and he didn't run over him just gave him a little shower ;D

They guy was so pissed he was more  worried about his gaft than his boat!

Fishin Freak

• Old Timer
  • Get The Feeling, Toyota!
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2004, 10:07:37 PM »

Here the story from the Times http://www.chilliwacktimes.com/issues04/074204/news/074204nn5.html The remarks this native guy makes just makes me want to smack him!!!

dennisK

• Old Timer
  • sheep rise up.
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2004, 07:31:26 AM »

If I were a native fisherman...what would sound better...uhm fell out my boat (drunk maybe) and almost died or whitey tried to run me down.

I think its a BS rumor designed to fuel the war on the fraser.

your theory is funn, gooey - but prol'y closer to the truth. the thing about this story is the native fisherman says he "understands" people get mad and wants things just to be bygones even with the white guys who rammed his boat. WTF? Someone tries to sink me and drown me (according to him) and he just wants to let things lie. excuse me, but that is really not likely - i think most of us would want to full weight of the law on someone who tries to drown you - so this statement by him makes me really doubt his version of events.

what a crazy bunch of events out there - the gov't/cops should really patrol out there more often.

meh.

SNapz

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2004, 09:17:16 PM »

I like this line in the interview.

Mussell said, "I'm not angry with the sports fishermen, I just want everyone to be equal."

lol.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2004, 12:29:14 AM »

There's the quote of the year :D

BirdNester

« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2004, 12:36:05 AM »

"I'm not angry with the sports fishermen, I just want everyone to be equal."

When I read that story, that was about the only thing I remembered after I was finished. I think typically if you want to lie you feel you might get away with it if you give a little to the other side, makes it more believable... but this guy's kinda ridiculous.
I've held more of a grudge with family members that drank my beer. Who's that guy kidding? I think I know which version of the story I believe.
RobertO
« Last Edit: August 03, 2004, 12:36:57 AM by BirdNester »