Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Livestream show #3 tonight at 8:30pm Pacific  (Read 3800 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Livestream show #3 tonight at 8:30pm Pacific
« on: November 26, 2016, 01:41:49 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-1p7vSbsBk

Joining Kitty and me tonight is Jessica from GoFishBC, at 8:30pm Pacific on the link above. We'll be talking about GoFishBC, how the fall salmon fisheries have been, and upcoming fishing opportunities this winter. There'll be some give-aways. Make sure you log into YouTube so you can participate in the contest in the live chat. See you then!

Birkenhead

Re: Livestream show #3 tonight at 8:30pm Pacific
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2016, 08:23:30 PM »

Rod.

Tried to watch this on Saturday night but the lag was terrible. Any plans for a second attempt? Also you might want to have on a different night other then a Saturday and this may get you more viewers.

If these live shows are to become a regular FWR feature, are you planning to get a better internet streaming capable video camera system instead of crowding around what appears to be a consumer grade laptop webcam?  Do you have a GoFundMe page as I would donate a small sum for good causes such as this.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2016, 01:44:41 PM »

It was the upload speed last Saturday that caused the problem. I got it fixed and upgraded the internet so it is even faster now to avoid that. ;) The previous two streams have all been good so it was just an isolated event. Good poing about Saturday night, Jessica actually brought that up after we stopped. The next one is going to be on Boxing Day night, which is a Monday so we'll see if that makes a difference.

These livestream shows done before the end of this year are just experimental. In the next one, it will migrate from the laptop webcam to my good filming camera so hopefully the quality will be noticeable better. In the long run, it'll be beyond what we are doing in the studio... ;)

No GoFundMe page, that's what my sponsors are for. ;D

NothingToSnagAbout

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2016, 02:28:01 PM »

Next summer live from the train crossing when the pinks come in. Please make that happen

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2016, 04:23:56 PM »

Next, the TV show we talked about many years ago, still waiting.  ;D ;D

By the way I was at a Peacemakers meeting yesterday and one of the directors from the USA did a 45 minute presentation about FWR in conjunction with Aboriginal posts. He wants to meet you one day. ;D

Too complicated to relate here but I think it will be made public one day. I donot think I understood it fully anyway. :P

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2016, 04:48:34 PM »

Next, the TV show we talked about many years ago, still waiting.  ;D ;D

By the way I was at a Peacemakers meeting yesterday and one of the directors from the USA did a 45 minute presentation about FWR in conjunction with Aboriginal posts. He wants to meet you one day. ;D

Too complicated to relate here but I think it will be made public one day. I donot think I understood it fully anyway. :P

TV is done. ;D We're about to unsubscribe from ours once the agreement with Telus is up because I can't remember the last time I turned my TV on.

45 minutes presentation on FWR without having the person who's most familiar with it there? Of course you couldn't understand what he was talking about. ;) ::)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2016, 05:13:35 PM »

TV is done. ;D We're about to unsubscribe from ours once the agreement with Telus is up because I can't remember the last time I turned my TV on.

45 minutes presentation on FWR without having the person who's most familiar with it there? Of course you couldn't understand what he was talking about. ;) ::)
He worked on studying the forum for a month I think he said. Maybe he will read this and explain more. 8)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2016, 07:30:19 PM »

Alright, doing a quick one tomorrow at 8:30pm to test out the new setup and ungraded net speed. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBumrhgY28A