Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Another open-net salmon farm outrage: Now it's dead whales!  (Read 14863 times)

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
Re: Another open-net salmon farm outrage: Now it's dead whales!
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2016, 12:20:03 AM »

Pull the gillnets, seines, trawls, fishing lines and shellfish operations from the ocean also. No thinking involved just do it.

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2016, 06:29:42 AM »

Pull the gillnets, seines, trawls, fishing lines and shellfish operations from the ocean also. No thinking involved just do it.

Yep - Sure as sugar I knew some flaccid diversion was coming. Pretty weak Brian. Is that the best you can come up with?

http://

Burbot

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2016, 01:21:36 PM »

Funny how fish farm/feedlot owners are 'concerned'  it is just faux concern as the only thing they are concerned about is getting shut down, which can not come soon enough and mark my words it will happen eventually...

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2016, 01:34:50 PM »

Yep - Sure as sugar I knew some flaccid diversion was coming. Pretty weak Brian. Is that the best you can come up with?

Just throwing your same, old, tired, hypocritical and flawed argument back at you.

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2016, 01:41:20 PM »

I would be interested to hear what the wild fishery has "willingly" employed to limit by-catch.   
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 01:44:25 PM by Fisherbob »

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2016, 04:03:04 PM »

Back on topic Brian, we are talking about FF's.

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2016, 04:21:29 PM »

I would be interested to hear what the wild fishery has "willingly" employed to limit by-catch.
:) ^^^^ Seems an answer will never come from the one's that have their minds made up. For people that are asking for an answer like you are, I would expect this would be an easy one. Back to you Chris or Nova.
BTW I have come to learn that farming fish is a result of a non sustainable wild fishery.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 05:34:04 PM by Fisherbob »

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2016, 04:14:25 AM »

:) ^^^^
BTW I have come to learn that farming fish is a result of a non sustainable wild fishery.
Your FF are certainly not helping not helping our wild salmon rebound to levels there once were. :P

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2016, 09:24:14 AM »

Your FF are certainly not helping not helping our wild salmon rebound to levels there once were. :P
Please explain that and provide one example of Pacific salmon stocks being impacted by salmon farms. Just one.

Then I will come with dozens of how stocks have been devastated or extirpated by poor logging or agricultural practices, habitat loss, climate change and over fishing.

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2016, 09:46:51 AM »

Please explain that and provide one example of Pacific salmon stocks being impacted by salmon farms. Just one.

Then I will come with dozens of how stocks have been devastated or extirpated by poor logging or agricultural practices, habitat loss, climate change and over fishing.

The topic was:

Another open-net salmon farm outrage: Now it's dead whales!

Just so we don't get side showed like a rerun of Startrek. What's Shatner take on this? I'm going to contact his agent.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2016, 03:24:38 PM »

Back on topic Brian, we are talking about FF's.

Well, you clearly have not read what had posted in this thread already and another related one awhile back. I already talked about fish farms on this issue, but this impact on cetaceans is a broader discussion that involves more than just aquaculture. That's what I'm saying.  It's not really fair or realistic to put this all on the BC fish farm industry while you already have another industry that clearly has more impact on cetaceans but is allowed to stay put. I realize it's highly inconvenient to talk about the worse offender because you have no defence for it so you just push it aside as it doesn't exist. Well, it does exist. Where's your outrage there? Where's the concern for whales? I also believe that this has little to do with the welfare of cetaceans because if it truly was then Conservationists would be tackling the broader issue with incidental capture of cetaceans and not just looking at one industry as the problem.

http://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/increase-in-humpback-whale-numbers-in-b-c-waters-results-in-record-entanglements-in-fishing-gear

« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 03:50:51 PM by shuswapsteve »

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2016, 09:04:55 AM »

Just throwing your same, old, tired, hypocritical and flawed argument back at you.

That's going on record as the most pathetic justification you've come up with yet and that's coming from an encyclopedia of lame responses. " It's OK - everyone is doing it" It has to do with one segment - or did you put your blinders on to the thread title? Do try to keep up to speed on the subject Brian.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOOs8MaR1YM
« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 09:16:19 AM by Novabonker »
http://

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2016, 02:13:30 PM »

I would like to know what science you follow to make you "feel" the way you do. It simply makes me smile now knowing I will never get an answer. :)

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2016, 04:23:59 PM »

Yeah Bob, I'm still waiting for a reply. Chris loves to throw this stuff out there but never, ever, backs it up with anything defensible.
He loves to stir the pot, much like Almo.  I believe they both think if you say something often enough, it will eventually become truth to the sheeple.

Hey, a President was just elected using these same principles :(

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2016, 09:58:33 PM »

That's going on record as the most pathetic justification you've come up with yet and that's coming from an encyclopedia of lame responses. " It's OK - everyone is doing it" It has to do with one segment - or did you put your blinders on to the thread title? Do try to keep up to speed on the subject Brian.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOOs8MaR1YM

Never said that it was ok everyone is doing it. You said that. Not my fault you can't read. Maybe you need to keep up....