Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chilliwack River Oct 24, 2016  (Read 10326 times)

NiceFish

• Old Timer
Re: Chilliwack River Oct 24, 2016
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2016, 09:44:57 PM »

The stave will get a lot of 'fake' chrome chum. They're totally chrome on the outside but they've already spawned out or are shooting singles and the meat is no good.

Haven't really seen this, but I always look my chum over before deciding to keep. No sea lice = no keep. I also run my hand down the belly and see if any single eggs shoot out, also = no keep.

243Pete

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2016, 07:19:03 AM »

Last pink season I hooked into a super early chum on the squamish, when it first humped out of the water I thought it was a spring but after getting it to shore I noticed the very very light purple bars on the side. It rained earlier that morning fairly heavily and the water went up a bit and got colored that day, most likely it was enough of a push to get some chums to swim in at that time.

So far this year I've hooked quite a few chum on the C/V which still had a fair number of sea lice on them, and then some fish you could tell had been in the river for a little while with that almost clean look but if you pushed down against the stomach it either shot out singles or didn't really rise back up quickly.

Tenz85

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2016, 07:57:27 AM »

Got a chrome chum with sea lice the other day but after bonking and gutting noticed it was shooting singles. Good tip about running hand down belly to check in the future.