Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chum Roe For Sale  (Read 2602 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Chum Roe For Sale
« on: October 23, 2016, 08:33:42 PM »

After finishing my badminton tournament in Vancouver and lunch with Joey I headed for home. (Thanks Joey for buying lunch and watching my final match of the tournament) :D

I decided to take my time so I stopped at Rod's old town, first to watch the planes take off at the airport and then at the end of Steveston Road for a walk along the dyke, got some good video and pictures of the snow geese that were there by the thousands.

It was then to Gary Point for a walk, no fishers except it looked like commercial boats coming in, maybe there was a chum opening, I heard rumors of that before I left for the tournament.

It was then down to Fisherman's Wharf to look at the boats selling fish, that is where I saw the chum roe for sale. $15 per pound in the skeins and $20 loose. ??? The chum, all does that I saw, like we have been catching last week in the Vedder were $15 each, where were the bucks? Maybe all sold by the time I got there, lots of willing buyers.

Coho in the whole were $7 per pound and red chinooks $10 per pound.

I will have pictures of the boats etc. on the Fraser Valley Salmon Society tomorrow sometime.

Of course as Rod knows no trip to Steveston is complete unless I go to Sockeye City for Fish and chips, back fishing tomorrow for those $7 per pound coho and $15 chum, no I did not buy any roe.

Joey

Re: Chum Roe For Sale
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 08:25:58 AM »

No worries, a pleasure to have lunch with you. You are good player, some day we should play together.