Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Suspicious Vehicle - Vedder  (Read 4973 times)

c-pin

Suspicious Vehicle - Vedder
« on: October 11, 2016, 10:13:29 PM »

I was fishing with my buddy today on the Vedder. It got dark so we quit fishing and walked to our cars. It was about a 5 minute walk to the road.

Something didn't seem right. I clicked my remote for my vehicle from about 50 yards away, the headlights came on. There was a shuffling noise, a car started, and by the time we got to the road, a vehicle took off quickly. At my vehicle was a freshly discarded pair of black latex gloves. No sign of attempted break in.

Vehicle description: 90's light blue Chevy Cavalier Stationwagon. Could not get a plate number. Runs rough. Very dim lights.  It was the only vehicle backed in to the parking spots.

I called Chilliwack RCMP and reported it.
Wild Salmon are like Wild Women .... Fun to Catch and Mighty Tasty

Shmoke Shaman

Re: Suspicious Vehicle - Vedder
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2016, 09:12:31 PM »

OH that might of been me and my buddy. I was trying to milt my salmon after learning it from YouTube. Thought it would be weird if someone saw so we booked it real fast. Hence the gloves.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 09:14:24 PM by Shmoke Shaman »

Shmoke Shaman

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 09:13:06 PM »

;D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2016, 09:17:00 PM »

OH that might of been me and my buddy. I was trying to milt my salmon after learning it from YouTube. Thought it would be weird if someone saw so we booked it real fast. Hence the gloves.

Better turn yourself in to the Chilliwack RCMP  ;)

dcajaxs

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2016, 05:53:20 AM »

was fishing the upper a couple days ago and there was a broken window on a dodge pickup. the break in was fresh as it had been raining and it wasn't wet inside the car.  We found the angler on the river and he was rightfully mad.  only good part was he pulled out 2 fish in 15 minutes and was on his way.  I can't figure out why it would be worth the effort to drive all the way up for some change. 

1son

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2016, 09:33:04 PM »

My car was also broken into last Thursday on the lower in the vedder river south dyke trial pull out. Smashed my passenger side window stole a brand new bait caster rod and reel, gopro, shades and a few other things, very disappointed was only gone for 1hr 30mins what's going on with this river.

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2016, 10:20:21 PM »

My car was also broken into last Thursday on the lower in the vedder river south dyke trial pull out. Smashed my passenger side window stole a brand new bait caster rod and reel, gopro, shades and a few other things, very disappointed was only gone for 1hr 30mins what's going on with this river.

What's with the people leaving hundreds of dollars in gear in their vehicles for 1.5 hours then being surprised when their vehicles get broken into.
Don't get me wrong, that sucks. But give your head a shake.

John Revolver

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2016, 11:11:37 PM »

Seriously?

wallygator24

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2016, 02:14:32 AM »

It sucks being broken into.  I had my truck canopy window broken last year because some one wanted to see what I had in the back of my truck. To their surprise, there was nothing back there.  I no longer lock the back of my truck.  It cost me a lot of money to get my window fixed.  Figure that if some one wants something in your vehicle, they are going to do what they want in order to get it.  I no longer leave my canopy locked and I still don't leave anything of value in the back.  I would rather not have to replace expensive glass and belongings.

243Pete

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2016, 03:17:29 AM »

So far this year I've talked with 3 guys whom had their vehicles broken into.
A couple weeks ago one of the construction flaggers near the top of the river warned me and a buddy that a Dodge had it's rear canopy window smashed at Prison run.
Also seen a fair bit of smashed glass along the road above the bridge crossing.
Maybe their are more drug addicts in the area? Downtown has seen a major spike in break-ins with cars over the past couple months and most of those commited are by addicts.

santefe

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2016, 08:17:52 AM »

Never leave anything in your vehicle that you can afford to lose.

Tex

• Old Timer
  • Water...
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2016, 08:24:12 AM »

Made the mistake of leaving stuff in my car on a small river in MR years ago as a teenager, and it was a costly one.

Only made that mistake once.

1son

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2016, 03:31:11 PM »

bad things happens to good people sometimes if you didn't know

What's with the people leaving hundreds of dollars in gear in their vehicles for 1.5 hours then being surprised when their vehicles get broken into.
Don't get me wrong, that sucks. But give your head a shake.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 04:20:25 PM by Rodney »

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2016, 06:39:49 PM »

bad things happens to good people sometimes if you didn't know

Yes they absolutely do. And sometimes good people make dumb mistakes and have to learn the hard way.