Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Socks on the Vedder  (Read 3715 times)

gmanfxp

Socks on the Vedder
« on: July 23, 2004, 08:35:53 PM »

Why no retention of socks on the Vedder when there seems to be so many of them?  Or is this year just a surprisly large run as I don't remember hearing or seeing nearly as many sockscaught on the vedder last year.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re:Socks on the Vedder
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2004, 08:47:38 PM »

The run is usually very small but this year is a bumper crop which is good to see.

If they were open the crowds would descend and the fishing methods some of them would use to catch them in the confined area's would have quite a impact on the stocks.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2004, 09:03:01 PM »

Would be good for the chaps that donot have a boat but some anglers fishing methods would have to change drastically as FOC knows how a lot of the fish in the Chilliwack/Vedder are caught these days. ::)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2004, 09:38:54 PM »

We should try to police ourselves as much as possible.

This is why a number of us talk about fishing methods on this forum so much. To protect our fishing opportunities we have to educate the young anglers as much as possible and this of course is done by parents and fishing programs such as Rodney puts on.

Each time we talk fishing methods we sometime get called elitist when all we are trying to put out our point of view.

It is up to the individual person how he or she wishes to fish but we should remember we are sportfishing.

Back to where I wanted to go before I side tracked myself.

Agreeded there is lots of volunteers out there as we have found out through our Adopt a River program with CVRCC but of course we could use more people to accomplish our goals.
We would like other volunteer groups to start up on other river systems as it is a very worthwhile project to protect our waterways

oddjob

• woof woof
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2004, 03:40:53 PM »

iam going ti the vedder tomorrow, no boat to fish on the fraser, are there still springs to be caught? where would one go ?

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2004, 03:43:21 PM »

Slowing down for chinooks. It's not as crowded as before. Good luck

leaping steely

• Old Timer
  • Who goes fishing anymore?
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2004, 06:49:33 PM »

i hooked into 3 springs and kept one today the 3rd spring i lost and it was pure silver a real beauty but some kid that doesnt know what FISH ON !!!! means casted over my line and tangled it all up and my line went slack and FISH GONE !!!
Yeah someone I know was fishing last week and hooked into a spring. The guy across from him was using a 2oz. bouncing betty  >:(and braided line. The guy across hooked into my friend's line and just yanked. Fish Gone. >:(