Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stolen: Simms G3 women waders, Patagonia jacket, Umpqua waist pack, custom rod  (Read 5514 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

One of our good friends Joanna had some of her fishing gear stolen last night in Chilliwack from her vehicle. Here is a list of the stolen items:

- Women's Simms G3 Waders (size small)
- Grey Patagonia River Salt jacket (Size small)
- Grey Umpqua Ledges 500 waistpack
- A custom built shorter river rod, so no manufacturers writing on it. Its gunmetal with silver and black line guides, black line wrapping with silver and red accents. Rapala centre pin reel on it

Here are photos of these items. If you come across these, please let me know so I can pass the information to her right away.

nazar33

Same for me, My Simms pack was taken from my car 3 nights ago in Chilliwack ( Sardis Park area ) I guess my car did not lock and somebody was walking around checking door handles. Lost about 400$ worth of tackle I estimated. Definitely not going to leave anything in my car anymore and make sure its locked. But still there is people out here trying to steal lots lately....

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Yes, make sure your vehicles are locked and have a alarm system installed if it does not have one. I did after I had it stolen a couple of years ago, a bit late getting one in but better late than never.

Unfortunately we are having a big problem here in Chilliwack with those out on bikes at all hours of the night, they come out of hiding like rats do to do their stealing. If you see them on bikes with back packs at night most of them are the ones that are stealing from unlocked cars and trucks.

The police hands seem to be tied to do anything about it, should not they pull them over as most do not wear helmets. Is it not law in BC you have to wear a helmet when on a bike?