Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: yamaha outboard 25hp 2 stroke  (Read 1678 times)

~IvAn~

• Old Timer
yamaha outboard 25hp 2 stroke
« on: September 21, 2016, 08:21:36 PM »

Hello

Im looking for a Yamaha 25 hp 2 stroke short shaft outboard. Let me know if you have one for sale or know of anything wanting to sell it.

Thanks!

Damien

• Old Timer
Re: yamaha outboard 25hp 2 stroke
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2016, 09:52:51 AM »

I don't what your budget is.  ie, going newer (which are very pricey) or if you consider something that is older that was stored much of its life. 

I have the latter.  Although mine is a 30hp, which weighs the same as a 25hp as far as I know.  Runs like a top, all day.  Bomb proof mid-80's vintage.

Only reason I am looking to sell as I need to go to a 4 stroke to fish some of the lakes I visit in Washington State (where they have restricted 2 strokes).  I prefer the power and weight of a 2 stroke, but will need to sell my motor to move to a 4 stroke.

One thing to note, 20hp+ short shafts can be hard to find, but if you find a deal on one, you may want to consider one of those plates that 'raise' your transom.

~IvAn~

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2016, 10:34:30 AM »

Hey Damien,

Thanks for the offer but i really want a 25 hp 2 stroke. If i cannot find one im going to get a four stroke 25 hp. I will look around for a for a bit.

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2016, 05:36:34 PM »

Damien - what kind of price were you thinking ?

Sounds like a good motor to turn into a little jet prop for my Jon boat.....
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2016, 12:38:03 PM »

It is sweet.  I am not a haggler, a few others have emailed me about it and the price will stay consistent as I am not a rush to sell.  And it will go fast come spring.

I'm out on the water around Fort Langley on the river, Alouette, Crescent Beach, Pitt etc most weekends if anyone wants to see it in action I can post when and where I will be.

I take this motor as my only source of power everywhere, I have no concerns with its reliability.

My price is $1300 - firm, final and as far as I know, very fair.

Looks just like this;

http://smalloutboards.com/mar30.htm

(sorry for the thread hijack)