Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Upper Fraser Bar fishing...advise needed  (Read 1710 times)

Silver

Upper Fraser Bar fishing...advise needed
« on: September 19, 2016, 09:25:19 PM »

I wanted to fish my favorite spot today...the Cheam fishing village bar under the Aggazis/Rosedale bridge. I found this place during sockeye season, and loved how relatively remote and under utilized this location was.
Anyway, when I got there...it's closed! Seems that only the campsite and boat ramp are being used now. I called them and buddy said that no vehicles on the bar for safety reasons unknown!

...does anyone know why they have closed this area off to the general public?

A few people at the East side boat launch...not really a spot to get comfortable.
So, I went to Gill road and set up. Not too many people, a single or two, and a group fishing. They seemed to catch a couple, and we had one hook up then lost from a large spring...again on a black spin glo. Still fun, but not great time management for 5 hours spent. The water was cloudy with 6 inches visibility.

...where else can you park next to your bar fishing spot and comfortably spend the day?

I've asked this question before and short of the great lower river spot suggestions (slower Coho season  roe type spots) I don't know where else to go. I want to fish the faster water spots from shore close to my vehicle for convenience. Are there some other locations other than those mentioned?

...how much longer will the fishing be somewhat productive above the Harrison?

It is my understanding that Spring salmon fishing will be great for some time below the Harrison, but these spots are only reachable by boat so this is not an option for me. And the shore access locations that I know around Langley are the Roe fishing spots for Coho.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 09:27:35 PM by Silver »