Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Gibbs Delta TV  (Read 4719 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Gibbs Delta TV
« on: September 19, 2016, 09:42:54 AM »

We're producing a series of videos for Gibbs Delta Tackle. Each episode will feature a specific fishery in BC. Here's the trailer of the first one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrpVWgmWW1M

Full video on Friday. :)

dufflayer

Re: Gibbs Delta TV
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2016, 08:20:35 AM »

Hey Rod,

I was just wondering if there is ever a plan to produce some videos on fishing up North? There are great Walleye and Pike opportunities in the Peace, world-class Lake Char fishing around Prince George, and rediculous fishing on the Skeena.

Just a thought.  ::)
Go Leafs Go

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 08:32:51 AM »

We've been discussing this for almost a year now actually. The hope is to start doing this next year. With a newborn at home this year, it is obviously out of the question right now. ;)

If there are particular fisheries that we should be featuring, you or anyone else are always welcome to send them over and I'll add to the long list we already have lol... BC is too big. ;D

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2016, 07:00:44 PM »

The whole video of episode one is now live!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW9oGI4D9To

Knnn

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2016, 10:26:00 PM »

I could not help myself from a YAY, when Jacob got his first hit and then a great first fish.  Beautifully shot video, but i have to ask Kitty; are you sure there aren't any more ways you can introduce the colour pink into your fishing; you already have gear, rod, reel, net handle, PFD?  Don't Gibbs make a pink stripped spoon?  :)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 10:29:13 PM by Knnn »

dufflayer

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2016, 10:08:41 AM »

We've been discussing this for almost a year now actually. The hope is to start doing this next year. With a newborn at home this year, it is obviously out of the question right now. ;)

If there are particular fisheries that we should be featuring, you or anyone else are always welcome to send them over and I'll add to the long list we already have lol... BC is too big. ;D

Hey Rod! I totally understand. Fishing can require huge financial and time commitments.

If I had to suggest a few, I would want to see examples that showcase the variety of fishing in BC.

Trolling for Lake Char
 -Williston Lake would be a good example because although it's an unsightly (at times) reservoir, the fishing can be outstanding. Flatlining T-50 flatfish or downrigging 7" plugs are my go-to methods that easily produce 15+lb fish. I don't eat 'em though :P
 -There are lots of other lakes that readily produce fish this size around Fort St James, Vanderhoof, and Prince George.

Grayling and Bull Trout
 -If you think the fishing is good down there, imagine it without any salmon. BIG fish.
 -As always, the spots get better the further you're willing to drive. I can let you in on a few secrets though.

Set Lining for Burbot
 -Carp Lake has many secret spots. You must come prepared with as many trout heads as possible as you will easily hit your limit with >100cm fish in one night.
 -This could be challenging for filming since you fish at night and will need sleds.

A segment of the Nechako Sturgeon facility
 -Vanderhoof

The Skeena
 -Pretty self explainatory.
 -Nass, Copper, Bulkley, Kalum, and Kitmat for epic fishing.

The Peace
 -In some rivers you can catch more than 5 sport fish species in one session... if you're down for hanging out in the oil patch.

These are just a few of my ideas.  ;D

Go Leafs Go

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2016, 11:29:24 AM »

Grayling and Bull Trout
 -If you think the fishing is good down there, imagine it without any salmon. BIG fish.
 -As always, the spots get better the further you're willing to drive. I can let you in on a few secrets though.

I've been to some of the rivers up in northern B.C. while working. The bull trout fishing and laker fishing in the rivers in the fall is definitely spectacular. It's something everyone should do at least once. Catching fish nearly every cast each time you enter a new run with fish ranging 8 to 20 pounds is pretty cool.

That being said, if I could pick only one, it's stay on the coast for steelhead and salmon. You can only catch so many bullies and Lakers until it gets boring. I only found it enjoyable for a couple days before switching to trout beads for the much smaller but feistier rainbows and white fish (with of course the odd bull by catch to keep it interesting). That being said - it is definitely a place that Rodney should consider. In the fall the backdrops really show case what our province is all about!

pwn50m3 f15h3r

• What a great fish...
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2016, 07:05:18 PM »

Fortress lake brookies, nuff' said ;)
Someone was here

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2016, 05:01:02 AM »

Fortress lake brookies, nuff' said ;)

This lake is on my bucket list.

dufflayer

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2016, 01:24:30 PM »

In the fall the backdrops really show case what our province is all about!

Too bad fall is only three weeks long up here  ::)
Go Leafs Go

Dogbreath

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2016, 09:53:49 PM »

Well done Rod!

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2016, 11:19:29 AM »

Here is a tutorial to go with episode one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVwRy9ObSSw

It's a pretty elementary tutorial, for those who are just starting out. In the next few months I'll be putting out some more advanced topics covered by Gibbs Delta pro staffs.

Joey

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2016, 08:07:59 PM »

Bass Pro shop grand opening this coming Thursday