Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Laidlaw July 22&23  (Read 2244 times)

Riverman

• old fart
Laidlaw July 22&23
« on: July 23, 2004, 10:50:51 AM »

Started at Laidlaw 5:30 Thurs.First to arrive.Total of ten at any time during the day.Very slow.One 25 pounder taken (red).Maybe 8 socks caught and released.Hot.Very good company though.Fished till 1pm.This was all I could do as am recovering from knee surgery and am utilizing this unique form of therapy.Improvement noticed but still need much more recovery time!
      Only one fool encountered,on way out this fella says hey did you guys know sockeye are open?! I replied not till midnite they aren't.Oh yes they are says this guy I just read the notice in the tackle shop. It was apparent it was a waste of time trying to educate this boob any further as his intent was to take fish anyway.Just hope some of the other guys there set him staight as well.

July 23 arrived same time as yesterday.This time parking lot had 60-70 vehicles at 5:30 am! Plenty of reasons in evidence to practice patience and understanding.Lots of good fisherman about as well.Some fish approx. ten times the number as all day yesterday caught by 8 am! Home in Langley by 10 am with my 2.Time to get the boat ready so I can  escape the madding crowd tomorrow.

Riverman