Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2016 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 208199 times)

James

Isn't there a section on this forum  for recipes?

How is the water?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 09:04:10 PM by James »

milo

• Old Timer

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

We had heavy rain and very windy today but the water was still Ok when I checked 30 minutes ago.

redtide

• Old Timer
  • catch anything?

Water looked good this morning with a very fishy color to it. Was out around 7ish and then it started pouring down heavy. Was soaked within an hour.

redtide

• Old Timer
  • catch anything?

But I refused to give up. Kept fishing in the monsoon conditions and brought home a nice hatch for dinner. The kure of choice was Rodney's " weapon of mass destruction " #35 orange coho spoon. No chum was seen among the 3 of us in the lower.

Blackrt03

How's the water looking?...thanks

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

How's the water looking?...thanks
Was fine this AM and the fresh run chum continue to slip in, smoked some and have enjoyed them for my lunch the last 2 days.We had some heavy rain while out for the evening flight for ducks tonight.Is fairly cool so the river may hang on for tomorrow, hardly any people in the lower. If you like chum to smoke time to get out before the run ends like the coho have some time ago, for me anyway. ;D

Saw the chum salmon study going on, shot some video will share later. Even some girls were part of the crew which always increases the viewing I have found out. :D

Blackrt03

Was fine this AM and the fresh run chum continue to slip in, smoked some and have enjoyed them for my lunch the last 2 days.We had some heavy rain while out for the evening flight for ducks tonight.Is fairly cool so the river may hang on for tomorrow, hardly any people in the lower. If you like chum to smoke time to get out before the run ends like the coho have some time ago, for me anyway. ;D

Saw the chum salmon study going on, shot some video will share later. Even some girls were part of the crew which always increases the viewing I have found out. :D

Going smoke some chum in a few weeks. Saw your little clip very interesting.

b8floater

New river report for today, conditions are on the high side but definitely clarity is amazing.
https://youtu.be/GVNYqHNL35I

bobby b

Mucho awesomeness that your doing these.... thanks

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !

Agree. Awesome river clarity report at various locations. Rodney should set up a sticky thread for this one during the steelhead season and future salmon seasons. We need a dedicated river level/clarity thread as there are just too much noise about some unrelated stuffs in the main river report.

mikeyman

Starting to get the steelhead itch watching that video. Cant wait!

b8floater

I'll try and keep them going through the steelhead season, seems like I'm getting enough good feedback! If there are any big swings in conditions or if the river is in prime condition, I'll make a concerted effort to get out and check it out for you out-of-towners! I'll chat with Rod to see if there's a spot we can regularly post these reports/conditions. Thanks for the support!!

NothingToSnagAbout

Great video, Ryan, but what time did you film? Not a soul out there!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Great video, Ryan, but what time did you film? Not a soul out there!
River is in great shape and it is starting to look like steelhead water and weather. It was cool this AM. fresh chum still coming in, hardly anyone on the flow, time to do some walking and check out some new spots.

Rodney needs to install a camera on the river for water conditions, he can make some funds selling subscriptions to it. ;D ;D ;D