Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lindeman Lake  (Read 9086 times)

Apennock

Lindeman Lake
« on: June 17, 2016, 12:26:25 PM »

I was thinking of hiking up there with my daughter (7 yo) on Sunday and thought I would bring our rods and wet a line for an hour or two when we get there.  Has anyone fished Lindeman Lake?  Any thoughts/advice?

clarki

• Old Timer
Re: Lindeman Lake
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2016, 02:00:28 PM »

I've fished Lindeman a couple times (not recently) and never caught fish, although they are certainly there. I have heard that the best fishing is at the east (far) end of the lake, but my personal experience can't confirm that  :) 

I've done most of my fishing in Greendrop. The trout there are very cooperative.

It's a pretty lake and a great Father's Day outing with your daughter. Enjoy.       

colin6101

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2016, 04:37:27 PM »

You can definitely catch fish there, and I agree the better fishing is at the far end of the lake. Much easier fishing at Greendrop but a very far hike for most 7 year olds. Lindemen is the prettiest looking lake around this area in my opinion so it is worth the time even if you don't catch anything. I would bring spinning rods with small spoons or spinners, silver and orange have worked for me in the past.

Old Blue

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2016, 07:04:32 PM »

I was thinking of hiking up there with my daughter (7 yo) on Sunday and thought I would bring our rods and wet a line for an hour or two when we get there.  Has anyone fished Lindeman Lake?  Any thoughts/advice?

Beautiful spot but she's too young for that hike, wait at least a few years.

clarkii

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2016, 11:16:30 PM »

Beautiful spot but she's too young for that hike, wait at least a few years.

Apparently Someone knows the OP's daughter better then he does  ???

colin6101

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2016, 01:08:09 AM »

I've seen lots of kids around that age up there. It is a fairly steep hike up but also short (about 45 minutes on average). It does really depend on your child as you gain around 200m of elevation in that 45 minutes.

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2016, 06:08:33 AM »

My neighbors kids grade 1 class did a hike up there this spring.

Dylb

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2016, 07:26:40 AM »

I do the hike frequently and it's definitely doable for an active 7 y/o (IMO). Once at the lake, if you plan on heading to the far end, just be aware that it involves climbing over some boulders etc. Also a couple rocky sections right on the lake edge. Nothing extreme by any means but she may need a hand at that point.

Can't comment on the fishing. Fished it once and got skunked, but I didn't fish long. I usually save this hike for the scenery/swim

Fingers crossed for some nice weather for you!

Apennock

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2016, 09:32:34 AM »

Thanks for the insight everyone!  We'll stick to the far end and I'll report back. 

Ezio

• vedder sucks tell your friends.
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2016, 11:11:16 PM »

just got back from a lindeman / greendrop hike today.   fish are active on the surface on the far side (eastern side) of the lake, my watched the water and the fish rising and imo the best place to fish from shore would be on the rock slide right near the end of the lake, there is still no beaches showing with the water level still reasonably high.   

halcyonguitars

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2016, 07:27:10 PM »

Anyone know what kind of flies might be appropriate for this lake? I looks really clean with no weeds and stuff, are chironimids still good, or should I try dry flies?

Thanks...